• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent WHAT DO I DO no one ever listens to me

Brendancoylee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brendancoyleeeee
I noticed my bird had swollen eyelids a few months ago they both became swollen, he eats and drinks and stuff and still does. I went to a vet a few weeks who apparently dealt with birds and he blatantly says he thinks he has nothing wrong with his eyes and he thinks he has a vitamin a deffiency, i was so annoyed because im not stupid to be told there is nothing wrong with his eyelids when i live with the thing annoyed me. Today i woke up and noticed his actual left eye looks really different to the other one it looks cloudy out of colour and the grey eyelids are a different colour to his other eyelid , he wont let me see and hes sneezing has picked up and he keeps twitching his head to the right im kind of panicking help!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Well, you should get him to an avian vet. He may be having light seizures.n Your bird could have a sinus infection, among other infections.

Does he have a vitamin deficiency? Are you feeding your bird a good diet that is high in vitamin A? Is your bird getting a lot of orange and yellow vegetables for vitamin K?

We cannot diagnose your bird hee on the forum - we can only give you ideas. Only a qualified vet can diagnose your bird.

Brendancoylee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brendancoyleeeee
Well, you should get him to an avian vet. He may be having light seizures.n Your bird could have a sinus infection, among other infections.

Does he have a vitamin deficiency? Are you feeding your bird a good diet that is high in vitamin A? Is your bird getting a lot of orange and yellow vegetables for vitamin K?

We cannot diagnose your bird hee on the forum - we can only give you ideas. Only a qualified vet can diagnose your bird.
No im sure he has got a vitmain a deffiencey and i am now doing my best to feed him the best things to fix that but i searced it up and having vitimin a deffieceny can lead to illnesses,

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Your bird needs vet care. It's your responsibility to provide proper care and vet care.

Please do the right thing and take him to an avian vet...

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Honey, you need a second opinion,,, only you know your bird, and if you feel he isn't right, then, he isn't right. Will he eat carrots or cooked sweet potatoes, these are full of vitamin A. I hope he is OK, :hug8:

SueA555

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sue Anderson
I had a Nanday with a swollen eye -- I took her to the vet, and the vet said she had an infections and gave her eye drops. She was fine after that. Find another vet!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Where do you live? Members here can help you to find a vet that is avian certified and one that has a good reputation.

I agree your first vet didn't know what he was doing. Sometimes a vet will say they see birds, but usually all they do is trim nails.

You really need to find another.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Land of Vos - List of Avian Veterinarians

Sorry for all of these e-mails. My computer is only letting me post one link at a time. Please get a second opinion. All of these lists are good because they do have the PA vet that I use on them. Also, please keep us informed. We love to here when birds get better.