• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What did you order during the 2023 Spring SWS?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Since I don't see a thread for this I decided to start one.
Only ordered from Nutz and TNT.
Nutz..some toys, a beak conditioning stone and two platform perches.
TNT...some toys

Probably my smallest SWS order ever but had a very limited budget this time.

Thanks to all of the participating vendors!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Nothing yet :lol:

I have been busy cutting, drilling, and dying wood :) Hoping to get a chance to see what I "need" tonight!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Unfortunately had to sit this one out for obvious reasons. But! I'm really excited to see what everyone else has snagged :)

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Echo had a pretty big vet bill this month, so sat this one out too. Plus I don't think I saw any Canadian vendors this time around
But! I'm really excited to see what everyone else has snagged :)
Me too!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Echo had a pretty big vet bill this month, so sat this one out too. Plus I don't think I saw any Canadian vendors this time around

Me too!
I was hoping that Oliver's Garden would participate but not listed on the AA vendor list any more.

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
We ordered a bunch of hanging toys for the grand parrot (conure) from LilMonsters. We are so excited. This was our first year to participate and we will be participating in the future as well. Would have loved to order more but alas, I have to control my grandparront urges!!!! This is the first time we have picked out toys for him. Usually we just let the experts @Mizzely pick the toys out for him and she does such an amazing job at figuring out what he likes, so hopefully we chose well.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I ordered some hardware from CBN. A perch and the favored blocks from Macawnutz. Didn't order as much as I wanted, I unexpectedly retired, last day is next week. Have to make some changes in my budget and not sure what that looks like yet. It is all good tho. - or will be. :)
I did get enough for the next round of toys for Louise, Grady, Rita and the local rescue.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I ordered some hardware from CBN. A perch and the favored blocks from Macawnutz. Didn't order as much as I wanted, I unexpectedly retired, last day is next week. Have to make some changes in my budget and not sure what that looks like yet. It is all good tho. - or will be. :)
I did get enough for the next round of toys for Louise, Grady, Rita and the local rescue.
Congrats on your retirement.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I ordered a Belle, 2x bell refill, a twist and turn foot toy, gatekeeper and a fidget foot toy from Blu's. Wish the exchange rate was better so I could buy more lol

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I spent a lot at Nutz.
I bought several puzzling pieces and a few other toys to try. I now have a Senegal and a Galah who both go crazy for puzzling pieces. Jason has always been a voracious chewer. Russell just really started chewing a couple of months ago. His toys would last forever. I would change them around and rotate them. He had been working on the same group of toys rotated for over a year. Then all of a sudden they were all gone over the space of a week.

I also bought some food and a cotton perch from Kazoo's. Unfortunately the food is not included in the sales (I knew that was going to be the case) but the 2 gift cards I won really helped. I think I might have ordered something else but I honestly can't remember and I only ordered 1.5-2 hours ago.

~Drini~

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
I bought some perch stuff from Nutz. I find that those flagstone platform really do a good job of keeping their claws filed down, and they enjoy the platform style, so I picked up another. My guys like to eat their messy veggies/fruits on one of their existing flagstone perches so things can get pretty messy, and I love how easily stone is cleaned compared to wood.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I spent a lot at Nutz.
I bought several puzzling pieces and a few other toys to try. I now have a Senegal and a Galah who both go crazy for puzzling pieces. Jason has always been a voracious chewer. Russell just really started chewing a couple of months ago. His toys would last forever. I would change them around and rotate them. He had been working on the same group of toys rotated for over a year. Then all of a sudden they were all gone over the space of a week.

I also bought some food and a cotton perch from Kazoo's. Unfortunately the food is not included in the sales (I knew that was going to be the case) but the 2 gift cards I won really helped. I think I might have ordered something else but I honestly can't remember and I only ordered 1.5-2 hours ago.
I wish Higgins and all other foods didn't go up as much as they have. If I could offer them on sale I would.

Thank you for your loyalty with us Elaine we appreciate you.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I know it is not your fault but I can still dream.
It's rather shocking to say the least of prices 5 years ago and now on some foods. I've seen.a few more then double in their cost is just insane. Volkman and Higgins are two of the highest. Seed mixes are crazy expensive and some pellets are also doing the same. Lafeber recently sent an email on foods they are temporarily suspending production. Workers lack of, fuel prices and supply chain shortages is real.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I wish Higgins and all other foods didn't go up as much as they have. If I could offer them on sale I would.

Thank you for your loyalty with us Elaine we appreciate you.
You still have better pricing vs the local stores here, Claire. Even with shipping it is cheaper for us to order from you. In a pinch I'll go grab something local but it makes me cringe. :wideyed:

It is crazy how much things have gone up even our cat litter is much more than it was.

Thanks for keeping things as cost effective as you can!:heart::xflove:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had intended to buy toys, but the week before the Sidewalk Sale something interesting happened.

Earlier in April I listened to the budgies & bought larger flight cages so they could share. The flights arrived. They’re F050s. Pistachio, Marzipan, Aurelius & Winston moved into one. Marigold, Frosting, Cloud, Ernest, Hickory & Macadamia moved into the other.

They’re much happier! Friendships I didn’t know existed have blossomed. It’s way more fun watching group dynamics & since my flock is largely cage bound, I’ve not seen much of that before. The four who were in the A&Es also have much more flight space.

Now they’re clamouring for one huge cage, but this will have to do. They just can’t seem to have enough friends! There has been no violence at all.

The upshot of it is that I have a backlog of toys, perches, etc. having gone from 6, including Hickory & Macadamia’s first cage, to 2 in a short timeframe.

I don’t have pictures yet, because the angle is bad due to the empty cages across the room. I’ll get some when the parrot rescue has picked up the old cages. They seemed almost as thrilled as the budgies themselves & said I’d get a tax receipt!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
You still have better pricing vs the local stores here, Claire. Even with shipping it is cheaper for us to order from you. In a pinch I'll go grab something local but it makes me cringe. :wideyed:

It is crazy how much things have gone up even our cat litter is much more than it was.

Thanks for keeping things as cost effective as you can!:heart::xflove:
Absolutely trying my best. I appreciate your loyalty all these years Dawn! :heart: I have my pricing inline with the manufactures, or the bigger online giants. I will say I am not working on my shipping woe is me for a better cost effective solution for all of you guys.

Hopefully it doesn't backfire on me on the site since it's based on weight and not box size. Fingers crossed!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I had intended to buy toys, but the week before the Sidewalk Sale something interesting happened.

Earlier in April I listened to the budgies & bought larger flight cages so they could share. The flights arrived. They’re F050s. Pistachio, Marzipan, Aurelius & Winston moved into one. Marigold, Frosting, Cloud, Ernest, Hickory & Macadamia moved into the other.

They’re much happier! Friendships I didn’t know existed have blossomed. It’s way more fun watching group dynamics & since my flock is largely cage bound, I’ve not seen much of that before. The four who were in the A&Es also have much more flight space.

Now they’re clamouring for one huge cage, but this will have to do. They just can’t seem to have enough friends! There has been no violence at all.

The upshot of it is that I have a backlog of toys, perches, etc. having gone from 6, including Hickory & Macadamia’s first cage, to 2 in a short timeframe.

I don’t have pictures yet, because the angle is bad due to the empty cages across the room. I’ll get some when the parrot rescue has picked up the old cages. They seemed almost as thrilled as the budgies themselves & said I’d get a tax receipt!
I was hoping that'd happen one day! :yes4: You're all going to love it like that :heart: