• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What did I get myself Into

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
This mini macaw is a whole different world from any other bird I've got. Are all Macaws like this? :roflmao:

- It doesn't matter that she is a whole 18 weeks old and fully capable of feeding herself a variety of things, at 5:00 I MUST serve formula (on a spoon now) or I will be yelled at.

- She will be calm and quiet all night but if I dare to go pee in the morning before greeting her/letting her out, I will be yelled at.

- I must pick her up if I am in the room. Or get yelled at.

- If I leave the room to force her to entertain herself, she will victimize my husband by calling hello until he comes close enough to be leapt on and used as transport.

- She is bored ALL the time. The toys in her cage and on her playstand and on top of her cage are not enough. The pile of foot toys (that she throws to the floor one by one) are not enough. She needs something new and interesting every day. Maybe every hour.

- My drinks are her drinks. My food is her food. I might be allowed some of it, or I might get yelled at.

- I must allow her to dangle from the front of my hair/ glasses to look at whatever I am trying to do, or I will be yelled at

- I can ask her to go potty over the trashcan before getting on my head, but sometimes she will 'fake squat' and tell me she is all done and then promptly poop on my head just to remind me who makes the rules here.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Wow sounds like you have your hands full

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I think everyone should have a mini macaw except for me, I’m well on my way to being nuts already, don’t need any help! :rofl:

I’ll give you all much support on your plight in life..:angelic::heart:

sounds like a riot to live with though :lol:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Sounds about right to me. She now owns you and you must behave as a proper slave. (Or you get yelled at.)

Have you experienced her alarm call right in your ear yet?

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have you experienced her alarm call right in your ear yet?
Nooooo I don't want to...:bvryafd:
Bdw, are all mini macs like this? A Monarch inside a small body????

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Don't jump to their every command. Macaws LOVE it when you react especially when they know you are upset over their behavior. My B&G use to start flinging her seed/pellets out of his dish the minute she'd hear me coming through the door or even get up in the morning. She demanded that I let her out of her cage or else. She loved it when I get upset so I started not reacting to her misbehaving then she learned it wasn't as fun to throw her food out.