• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What color is my bird?

Eravia

Moving in
Real Name
Alyssa
Hello! I just brought this green cheek conure home a couple days ago. She was not being properly cared for, so is a bit battered looking. I tried googling it, but I still have no idea what color she would be considered?

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Poor baby :(

This may help: Green-cheeked Conures – Avian Resources

I'm guessing a "Cinnamint Green-cheek Conure, aka Dilute Turquoise Cinnamon Green-cheek Conure, Combination of Dilute, Turquoise and Cinnamon mutations. Mint Cinnamon."

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Aaaaw... bless her little heart. I hope you'll be able to bring her up to being a healthy happy girl. Was she just napping in the photo or could she be sick?

Eravia

Moving in
Real Name
Alyssa
That looks like it, thanks mizzely!

mockinbird, she was just napping there. The cage she came with is pretty small and everything was placed at ground level by her former owners, including the perches, so she was napping on whatever wasn’t on the grate. I’ve put a few more perches higher up in the cage and she is now making full use of them. Although she does take quite a few naps, so she has an appointment with the vet on Tuesday for a check-up.

Eravia

Moving in
Real Name
Alyssa
I ended up taking the little one to an emergency vet because today she was sleeping excessively in the corner with her head drooping by her feet. That combined with her ragged appearance had me very concerned and I was scared to wait for her appointment with the regular vet. I’m waiting on the blood test results. Fecal came back clean. Other than that vet believes she is mostly fine aside from being dehydrated and possibly malnourished from probable neglect/ignorance in her old home(s). Vet gave her fluids and supplement injections, but I’m not sure if that was because of the blood draw or her condition. I’m not sure how this works because I’ve never had a bird into a vet for anything but routine care and it’s hard to ask questions because of the ‘rona precautions.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
You did great getting her to the vet sooner Alyssa!
If you have more questions for the vet, you may be able to call and ask, or send an email.
Make a note of any observations/questions in the meantime, and when your vet calls with the blood test results, you can go through your notes.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Dehydration is common and debilitating in a bird that is starving or very ill. So most vets will give fluids immediately. The injection he gave your baby could have been preventative anti-biotics or an injection of Vitamin B to give her energy to fight with. I'm anxious to see what the blood test show.

Eravia

Moving in
Real Name
Alyssa
Sorry it’s been a little bit since I’ve been back. I did get the results of the blood test back. The vet said that her white blood cell count was slightly elevated, but not high enough to indicate that she was actively fighting an infection. His thoughts were from stress, possibly from the vet visit.

Since coming home I’ve changed up her diet (she was apparently eating peanuts and sunflower seeds) and bought her a new cage and accessories. She has perked up quite a bit in the past couple weeks, although she still sleeps with her head way down. The past week she’s begun to shriek the high, shrill song of her people bright and early to let me know she’s ready for her morning nutriberries.:lol:

She’s not hand tame yet, but I’ve been letting her out of her cage in the office to stretch her wings. Tonight she’s decided she’s not going to go back in, so I’m just gonna turn off the light and let her sleep on the top. Little stinker!

Attachments

Eravia

Moving in
Real Name
Alyssa
Dehydration is common and debilitating in a bird that is starving or very ill. So most vets will give fluids immediately. The injection he gave your baby could have been preventative anti-biotics or an injection of Vitamin B to give her energy to fight with. I'm anxious to see what the blood test show.
I did get her records, and you were correct. It was vit B as well as calcium gluconate, another that said vital E- A+D, and subcutaneous fluids.

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
:welcometrain:

I love a rescue story! I'm glad she's feeling better.

wren

Moving in
Real Name
Wren
Hello! I just brought this green cheek conure home a couple days ago. She was not being properly cared for, so is a bit battered looking. I tried googling it, but I still have no idea what color she would be considered?
When I first got my conure she was in similar conditions very ruffled up so I switched her to cold pressed pellets seeds only as treats and fresh veggies. Originally I though she was a cinnamon conure but when I switched her to a healthy diet her colors became bright and shes actually a pineapple green cheek. So he was in those conditions and now hes geting better care so only time can tell many he might get brighter colors!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
She is stunning...thank you for helping her.

Lucas2019

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maria
I hope she makes a full recovery soon . She is so beautiful