• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What can i give my bird more from having blood loss?

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
My bird had blood loss two weeks ago, she is recovering well still is a bit to weak to fly, i just wanted to know what i can give my bird specific food to boost her white blood cells?
does spinach work but not to much?

zERo/

Walking the driveway
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m not sure what foods would actually boost your white blood cells rather than just be boosting your immunity to disease.

What did she loose blood from? Did you avian vet recommend you do this?

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
No i thought she needs some more iron and i thought what foods contain more iron?
she loss a lot of blood of a pappiloma the vet guess it was, she had bit on her tounge and she bled so much we had to take her to the vet becuse she was nearly dying, she is okay now she have got formula days later from the vet, but i just wanna know what to give her in the meantime while shes still recovering, this happend two weeks ago

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
If she needed supplements I am pretty sure your vet would have sent you home with them or told you what to get. Time, rest and a good varied diet are the main things that will help your bird recover as fast as possible from her blood loss. Be very careful trying to add vitamins and minerals to a birds diet and especially careful if it is eating fortified foods already.

Reshah

Meeting neighbors
You might ask your vet about a vitamine K deficiancy. If your bird eats a lot of seed and deosnt have certain vegatables on the side it could develope that deficiancy. One smyptom of such a deficiancy is that blood will not clot. Maybe some spinache egg food and some extra fruit. I'm really not sure what diet would help with blood loss.

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
You might ask your vet about a vitamine K deficiancy. If your bird eats a lot of seed and deosnt have certain vegatables on the side it could develope that deficiancy. One smyptom of such a deficiancy is that blood will not clot. Maybe some spinache egg food and some extra fruit. I'm really not sure what diet would help with blood loss.
She eats veggies and harrison bird food pelltets but it gets better slowly so i dont think she needs something extra