• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What Bird Tricks Can YOUR Bird Do?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Some every clever birds on here @Shezbug would love to see big wings please
Ohh sorry for such a late reply- only just saw this now for some reason. I will see if I can get a new pic of him doing it some time soon, there is a pic of him doing it when he was a baby somewhere here.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Ohh sorry for such a late reply- only just saw this now for some reason. I will see if I can get a new pic of him doing it some time soon, there is a pic of him doing it when he was a baby somewhere here.
Oh no worries the baby picture will do if you can find it
How did you teach it only way I can find is pushing up their wings which I don’t like idea off when they flap wings or lift them I say big wi gs and give treat pico will flap his wings when I say big wings but not hold them

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I try to capture tricks; by which I watch until the bird accidentally does the action and then praise and reward the bird. So if bird occasionally stretches naturally I might say “big wings!” when he does it and try to get those words associated with the action.

aniboo

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
ania
I'd love to hear what tricks your feathered companions can do, whether just being able to hold certain items (like pens) to being able to use your credit card to buy treats! (...let's hope no bird ever learns how to use a credit card..)

A few tricks my bird Mango does is the following: Twirl, Speak on command, Lay on back, Mimics a pencil tip hitting the ground (best way I can describe it!) and lastly.. she can do the tango!! (Why else would I nickname her Mango Tango? :laughing2: )

Skittles, (my budgie) is still trying to learn how to speak but so far she's learning how to dance and bob her head! :birdance:

Anyway, do let me know what YOUR bird can do!
My best friend Harper, who was a cockatiel, could wave, kiss, spin, fetch, and fly to me.
Oliver is a cockatiel, can wave, kiss, spin.
Momo is a new rainbow lorikeet I got a week ago and I haven’t had time to train him, but as of now he can fly to me and kiss.