• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What are your birds eating today?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's raining and I was stuck inside the house so they've been getting extra mommy time today. Apparently they're unimpressed!
Aw. Well that's just rude after you went to all that trouble.

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Made a few days worth of chop, Nautilus will still get his not chop though. I normally make chop fresh daily cause I am really bad at remembering things, and dont want to waste chop. For example the birdie bread experiment I made and put in the fridge, only remembering about it yesterday :o: That's going in the bin...
20230402_085012.jpg
I added rehydrated veggies to today's servings. Chop includes red and green capsicum, carrot, zucchini, carrots greens, and broccoli.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Broccoli slaw, veggie mix, sprouts, jalapeno, mini peppers, sweet potato, and a bit of bird bread. Ripley also got a bit of anti-inflammatory powder.

PXL_20230402_123551578.jpg

Bosco wasted no time :lol:
PXL_20230402_123939390.jpg

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Broccoli slaw, veggie mix, sprouts, jalapeno, mini peppers, sweet potato, and a bit of bird bread. Ripley also got a bit of anti-inflammatory powder.

View attachment 426379

Bosco wasted no time :lol:
View attachment 426380
Haha! I wouldn't expect it any other way he's such a chow hound! But especially the fact that it's corn first since that's his absolute favorite :heart:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Haha! I wouldn't expect it any other way he's such a chow hound! But especially the fact that it's corn first since that's his absolute favorite :heart:
Yes definitely noticed that he likes corn most!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Aww look at him go :heart:

how’s he settling in
He's still being shy but very curious. He chatters quietly a bit, but mostly only makes a noise over a whisper when Ripley is yelling for breakfast :lol: He's eating well though, drinking good, has good poops, and has been taking the tiniest of nibbles on his toys. :) He crawls ALL OVER his cage though and he's so quick!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So, I struggle with the time to prepare fresh chop, so I’m not brilliant at it. What is everyone’s go-to freeze dried chop mix??? I need suggestions!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's still being shy but very curious. He chatters quietly a bit, but mostly only makes a noise over a whisper when Ripley is yelling for breakfast :lol: He's eating well though, drinking good, has good poops, and has been taking the tiniest of nibbles on his toys. :) He crawls ALL OVER his cage though and he's so quick!
Awww, Bosco! You are a champion!!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Sounds like he’s settling in well what’s ripley think of him

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So, I struggle with the time to prepare fresh chop, so I’m not brilliant at it. What is everyone’s go-to freeze dried chop mix??? I need suggestions!
I tend to alternate between Texas Freeze Dried Naturals (freeze dried) and Christine's Chop Shop (dehydrated).

Then I add in grain based mixes like Higgins Worldly Cuisines.

I actually made up a list of dry food options recently! Alternative Parrot Food Options

Sounds like he’s settling in well what’s ripley think of him
I am copying an answer I said on Facebook because it's still so true :lol:

Ripley has paid more attention to the pigeons outside so far :rofl: Bosco has tried talking to him and Ripley's like, "cool, I'm going to keep shredding this phone book". I have it so Ripley can't reach his cage at all though just to be safe :)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's like a little ball of blue lightning ! It's crazy how you blink and he's already at the other end of the cage lol .

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Mine love thawed frozen peas, corn and green beans human bags of frozen veggies ..the rest of frozen ones they not big fans of

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mine love thawed frozen peas, corn and green beans human bags of frozen veggies ..the rest of frozen ones they not big fans of
That's the main thing I used for Bosco. He would eat the carrots and green beans but his favs by far are the corn and Peas.