• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What are your birds eating today?

zERo/

Walking the driveway
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just chop this morning
A7C634DA-C577-4F22-A967-F29D749535DF.jpeg 83E942EF-298E-4239-9839-647883E2CA9E.jpeg

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Nautilus's serving, everyone got the chop but I am still experimenting with what Naut likes best. So far it seems Not Chop is winning :tup:
(The budgies didn't get any grape, just Nautilus and Q)
20230316_103553.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
You mean yours didn't throw the plate on the ground because he was tired of looking at it? :shifty:
:lol:
No... and hopefully not ever.
Though that does sound like something Quarter would do just for the fun of it, even if it's food he likes :rolleyes:

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
2BE2A3F5-A168-4808-ADF2-303D88E1405A.jpeg
Remembered to take a picture I’ve been trying veggies this way but they seem to eat it more on skewers than a plate but we will see

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
@Emma&pico I have the opposite issue - Ripley won't usually eat from a skewer. I did give him a skewer today to try though! I think he's mostly just destroying it and then chicken scratching the pieces onto the floor :rolleyes::rofl:

Today was parsnip, daikon radish, radish, sweet potato, beet root, beet greens, jalapeno, and a stuffed mini pepper.

PXL_20230316_133304787.MP.jpg

PXL_20230316_135447610.jpg

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
@Emma&pico I have the opposite issue - Ripley won't usually eat from a skewer. I did give him a skewer today to try though! I think he's mostly just destroying it and then chicken scratching the pieces onto the floor :rolleyes::rofl:

Today was parsnip, daikon radish, radish, sweet potato, beet root, beet greens, jalapeno, and a stuffed mini pepper.

View attachment 424884

View attachment 424885
Aren’t birds so weird in what they like haha :rofl:

Winn

Jogging around the block
This morning (every morning) was chop with pellets. Mid-day was a seed/pellet blend (they never eat the pellets included in it.)
Today's evening snack is carrot, acorn squash, radish, bell pepper, a pinch of raw rolled oat and a sprinkle of loose Nutriberry stuff from the bottom of the bag. IMG_20230317_161920.jpg IMG_20230317_164406.jpg IMG_20230317_163438.jpg

Winn

Jogging around the block
View attachment 424880
Remembered to take a picture I’ve been trying veggies this way but they seem to eat it more on skewers than a plate but we will see
This pic makes me want to grab a fork! It looks so healthy and appetizing...

My budgies won't approach any veggies on a skewer. They dive right in if it's on their dinner plate. Birds are fickle that way... and we mere humans are trained to adjust to their whims!:rofl:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I just went with some Higgins mixed with some frozen veggies as that was all the energy I had for today lol

Winn

Jogging around the block
I just went with some Higgins mixed with some frozen veggies as that was all the energy I had for today lol
Frequently find myself there!!
Did your flock give you that quizzical "what's up" look? ..

Mine seemed offended to get "another cube of chop" for evening treat instead of chunks of fresh veg this week.

How does one explain to a budgie that "Mama will get more fresh veg come payday?":bored:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Frequently find myself there!!
Did your flock give you that quizzical "what's up" look? ..

Mine seemed offended to get "another cube of chop" for evening treat instead of chunks of fresh veg this week.

How does one explain to a budgie that "Mama will get more fresh veg come payday?":bored:
Lol Ripley would eat only Higgins Worldly Cuisines, radishes and bird bread if he had his way! He frequently snubs my offerings :rofl:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I was feeling lazy too, but still somehow ended with something that is probably better then when I do fresh chop :cautious:
I did rehydrated fruit n veg, cooked some of the grains and veggie mix I have, and then added some fresh carrot and zucchini.
20230318_101632.jpg

Winn

Jogging around the block
Lol Ripley would eat only Higgins Worldly Cuisines, radishes and bird bread if he had his way! He frequently snubs my offerings :rofl:
I know, right?!! I don't get offended and try to cater to their pisttacine whims..

Still learning what's a hit or miss..
Not easy when that seems to change on a daily basis with my flock.