• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What are your birds eating today?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Just a thread to share their food bowls because I know several of us like to post them!

Today's bowl: cranberry and pistachio oatmeal, frozen mixed veggies, blueberry pancake and a bit of scrambled egg :)

PXL_20230228_143905841.jpg

What's in your bowl?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh that looks super yummy! Bosco's got pellets,frozen veggie mix and an apple chunk but I can't take a pic at the moment.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm at work. So I can't take bowl pics but Scooter and Rosie had senior nutriberries, zucchini, carrots, and orange peppers, some seeds and some avian organics blueberry breakfast bomb. Elvis had in tune pellets, one sunflower seed, zucchini, peas, corn, orange peppers and cashews. Milton likes his big bowl of peas for breakfast. LOL. With some corn and carrots thrown in. But then he gets his pellets when I leave for work. I also left him some blueberry breakfast bomb. I'll see when I get home if he actually tried it.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Wow that looks amazing Shawna! I would eat that :D

lovebirds got broccoli, carrot, two kinds of pepper+seeds, parsnip, bell pepper+seeds and a little seed mix. And pellets, they barely eat any veggies mostly just pick the seeds out but they nibble some. They eat it best when I ‘help’ and pretend to eat little bits and hand it to them, hence the weird holding of the bowl!
C2677288-354B-45E8-89A3-9B2AABF73540.jpeg

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Today the girls got the usuall pellets,sprouts,Nutriberries and Pellet berries for KeeK.
Not Chop was carrot,sugersnap peas,chillis,radish,baby sweetcorn,cauliflower and thyme no pics unfortunately as they had eaten there not chop before the thread kicked off.

@Mizzely love the pancake

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Just plain pellets and seed today as it's a work day :o:
Yesterday they got chop (and seed and pellets ofc), and I tried cooking a dried veg + grains mix, none were impressed...

Jxdeeyy

Strolling the yard
Today Joey had pellets, a few seeds as treats and some chopped up veggies with a small amount of dry mix mixed in :)
My new birdie Mia had seeds with a few pellets mixed in (trying to convert her put she puts them in her mouth and drops them at the moment!), and the same bowl of veggies shown below! :)
(The dry mix contains freeze dried veggies for variety, various flowers and a few seeds)

Attachments

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
That looks way better than my own breakfast :laughing6:

Today was egg day, so I made him a mini fried quail egg, with some cooked kale and corn on the side. He gets this once every month.

Next week i'll be making him pasta, I found pasta made out of chia seed and water from my local farmer shop. He'll get that with some "sauce" (strawberry pure) on top.
. Just to think that in the wild he'd be flying miles for one seed :lol:

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Wow that looks amazing Shawna! I would eat that :D

lovebirds got broccoli, carrot, two kinds of pepper+seeds, parsnip, bell pepper+seeds and a little seed mix. And pellets, they barely eat any veggies mostly just pick the seeds out but they nibble some. They eat it best when I ‘help’ and pretend to eat little bits and hand it to them, hence the weird holding of the bowl!
View attachment 423994
I love how you caught 1 in the dish. It must be better pickings in there.:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I love how you caught 1 in the dish. It must be better pickings in there.:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Yeah as soon as Henkie(the one in the dish) shows them it’s safe, they all jump in and it gets a little chaotic with them scuffling about :lol: Henkie seriously doesn’t eat if he can’t jump into the bowl, weirdo:roflmao:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
This to chop (capsicum, carrot, yellow zucchini, carrot greens, beet greens, ginger)
20230302_095720.jpg
20230302_095703.jpg
Add rehydrated fruit and veg, and that's breakfast.
20230302_095642.jpg

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I really want to try ginger! Do they like it?
Not entirely sure. It's only a tiny piece mixed through the chop. The times I offered a small chunk I think a few of them at least tried it.