• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What are you doing with your parrotlet?

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I have had a bad conscious lately about Pichu spending much time on his own in the kitchen. When we spend time together it is mostly because he is sleeping on me, or wants scritches.
I haven't been training him much lately because I noticed if I train him before bed -which is when I have time- then he is full with treats and won't agree to go back to his cage (he gets a treat for going back inside in the evening).
So yeah.. training, cuddling... what else could I do with him?

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Well Neptune loves playing in water. He likes being splashed for some reason.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My lovebird and conure both enjoy playing with small balls with bells inside. Sometimes I play with them on top of their cage by rolling it towards them and they roll it back or fling it. When I get home and the radio is on I often sing and dance at them. They look at me like I'm crazy!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
My lovebird and conure both enjoy playing with small balls with bells inside. Sometimes I play with them on top of their cage by rolling it towards them and they roll it back or fling it. When I get home and the radio is on I often sing and dance at them. They look at me like I'm crazy!
True, they like music and Pichu would land on my gitar if I play. We also play football with his bell-balls or corks, but he is done fairly quickly. :D
He would also ride on my shoulder if I go to the basement or the attic, I consider this part of the training, since he will always fly back to me if something scares him, and that's a good thing to know if we ever go outside with a harness.:)

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Neptune is such a cutie!! :xflove: Pichu is scared of water.. :sour: Is Neptune the one peeping in the video, or do you have other birds in the background?
There is a combo of peeps. Zippy and Peppy are in the kitchen so you can hear them in the background. Neptune does make a few adorable noises and also you can hear a little bit of Picard calling from the bird room along with Pi.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
There is a combo of peeps. Zippy and Peppy are in the kitchen so you can hear them in the background. Neptune does make a few adorable noises and also you can hear a little bit of Picard calling from the bird room along with Pi.
Ah OK, I was wondering because those were sounds Pichu never makes :D