• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What are they

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I’m really interested to hear what the vet has to say about them. Once in a while Burt will drop one of those unopened weird little unopened feathers but never have I seen the amount your bird had.

England

Moving in
My bird has lots of theses what are they and what do they mean any advice appreciated ?
Went to vets today wanted to keep you guys updated as requested. they really didn't say in clear tearms what they was but I believe they were damaged feathers. that's were she plucked there. they are all gone now she pulled them all out. she is balled in them spots will let you guys know if they come back and I find a better answer she had x ray and her bloods done wating for results !

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
I do hope her result are good!

Such a strange placement for those feathers,Im sure they may just be over grown keratin like other have suggested.

Is your Tiel eating and drinking normal?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Did they test for Giardia? Tiels often don’t pluck unless there is a health issue, and that’s one of the more common reasons.

England

Moving in
I do hope her result are good!

Such a strange placement for those feathers,Im sure they may just be over grown keratin like other have suggested.

Is your Tiel eating and drinking normal?
Thank you me too ! Yer still really curious lol . now she has her cone of she eating and drinking much more moved her to pellets yesterday had no problem !

England

Moving in
Did they test for Giardia? Tiels often don’t pluck unless there is a health issue, and that’s one of the more common reasons.
Well I'm unsure what they will find from fether plucking profile but they are examining her poo and her x ray come back clear so just wating for a call back and then take the next step from there .

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
Thank you me too ! Yer still really curious lol . now she has her cone of she eating and drinking much more moved her to pellets yesterday had no problem !
That sounds like she is doing well over all! Sending my prayers that she is ok with her tests from the vet!