• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What are these ?

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I bought this seed mix as a treat foraging toys is only how the have seeds on pellets and will only eat lettuce

It contains little orange bits pic below pico n indie love them I think it might be papaya so I bought a mix bag of mango papaya coconut chips but they won’t touch it not like the little bits in the seed they do anything for them
I’ve ordered just papaya coming tomos do you think it’s papaya or something else ?
Any ideas why they will only eat it out of seed mix could it be size ?

Attachments

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I don't know what they are either, but I'm guessing that the reason they will only it out of mix is because it is something familiar to them so they feel that what is in there is safer to eat.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have seen this before in a seed mix. My budgies always skipped over them so I cut smaller and baked them in the birdie bread.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I think it might be papaya
Yes it is papaya (says so on the ingredients list ;) )

They could prefer the seed mix stuff because it tastes slightly different, or it´s cut a different way, or mixed in with the seeds. Many reasons why they won´t take the new stuff you picked up, but you can keep trying to offer it.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Yes it is papaya (says so on the ingredients list ;) )

They could prefer the seed mix stuff because it tastes slightly different, or it´s cut a different way, or mixed in with the seeds. Many reasons why they won´t take the new stuff you picked up, but you can keep trying to offer it.
I have to pick the little bits out for them and give them it out of seed mix with my fingers just thought it was something different to millet for tricks or recall training so thought buying pieces would work better but obviously not haha I thought it was but there’s little circle orange bits too so wasn’t sure when I read ingredients I will just keep picking it out for a treat :banghead: as they both picky buggers obviouslyo_O fingers crossed for the just papaya coming tomorrow:nocomment:
They eat the bigger pieces if stuffed in toys just not from my fingers out of cage as a treat

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I have seen this before in a seed mix. My budgies always skipped over them so I cut smaller and baked them in the birdie bread.
Bird bread sounds good do they like it ?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I don't know what they are either, but I'm guessing that the reason they will only it out of mix is because it is something familiar to them so they feel that what is in there is safer to eat.
it’s only first pack of that seed mix I’ve bought they both went straight for orange bits over seed so I ordered bigger bits so I don’t think it’s because they are use to it more cos there’s was only a few days difference between big bits n seed mix if that makes sense between having both offered obviously just picky funnier me having to pick it out of seed box:loltears:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
My budgies adored birdie bread. You can even buy a mix to make it. Nice thing is you can add almost anything. I tried to add the orange and yellow veggies for vitamin A that birds do not get much of.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
My budgies adored birdie bread. You can even buy a mix to make it. Nice thing is you can add almost anything. I tried to add the orange and yellow veggies for vitamin A that birds do not get much of.
I will have a look thank you