• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What are the things that your grey scared of?

manuelcalavera

Strolling the yard
Most of the red objects. It makes Kido scream aggressively if she's in the cage or flies if she's out.
Also, big objects make her fly.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Elvis is afraid of the step ladder, the dust pan, and the vacuum cleaner. Clearly, he just does not want me to clean. :rolleyes:

LynnInColorado

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lynn
Rozi growls loudly at helium balloons.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
My tag is afraid of hawks when he's looking out the window. ..he flys down and runs and hides under chair or couch. Amazing how they know.

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
Really sorry you lost Nikki.
Thank you. not a day goes by that I don't think of her. The strange thing is in the last two months 3 different people have told me about CAGs that needs homes. I posted a friend's one on here and a shelter has 2 more. Just can't do it would remind me to much of Nikki. I now have 2 rescue BFAs, 2 parrotlets and an English budgie that I'm looking for a friend for.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Smart guy! We live in a semi-rural area and I often place Rozi’s perch next to a window. She barely pays attention to outside wildlife.
We have so many different birds that come in yard. Grayson loves to look out window. I open the window just enough to allow a breath of fresh air.
He now mimics 4 different spieces of bird...if he sees or hears a hawk though, it's screech he says then runs and hides. When he does that I know there's a hawk flying around outside.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Good bird.
Well, sort of. LOL. I can't tell you the number of times I forget about the dust pan and open the cupboard under the sink to get something else and Elvis sees the dust pan and freaks. Like full out screaming, attack mode. And heaven forbid, I forget and actually take the dust pan out, he then starts dive bombing it. I usually have to throw it on the ground and have to cover it with something until he calms down because he won't let me pick it back up. Clearly, he thinks the dust pan will eat me- or him.

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
My grey is afraid of loud noises. If she's out on her play stand and I drop something in the house, she jumps off and takes a lap around the house and lands on the ground. She's leery of me walking near her play stand while carrying any large object -- a freshly washed blanket folded up, an economy-sized package of toilet paper, etc. My house isn't huge, so I have to walk pass her play stand when I'm putting away laundry, supplies, etc. I always make it a point to tell her, "It's OK," beforehand, but she gives me A LOOK and leans her body in the opposite direction as I go by.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kamara is deathly afraid of blankets/towels and sticks. She used to be afraid of pretty much everything, but she's become much braver recently and doesn't even spook when something falls over or moves on its own, which used to make her take off in a panic. Blankets and sticks aren't a threat if they're just sitting there, but if I'm holding them she'll freeze up, and if I make the mistake of shaking out a blanket where she can see she'll scream in terror and try to fly away, inevitably crashing to the floor.

She's strictly hands-off so I imagine she's probably been towelled a lot in her life, and I can't blame her for having a negative association with them. She gets bolder every day, so maybe she'll be less afraid over time.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Tinker growls at my Dewalt Drill. He also growls and attacks my tape measure.
He has to be in his cage if I use the tape measure anywhere he can see it.

manuelcalavera

Strolling the yard
My CAG scares of many things now. I don't know why, but the items she scares of are getting more and more. I don't know how to deal with this issue.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Paco is afraid of most things, especially anything new. He doesn't seem to mind the vacuum cleaner. He did flip when I swiped the cobweb off the ceiling with the broom. He is afraid of the towels I line the bottom of his cage when I give him a shower, so I have been letting him bite and and I tell him "towel". Everything I do, I tell him what I am doing. Working on a little paper tube right now, that he can chew on. But right now he growls and fluffs. I just keep handling it, tell him it's a stick and then sit it down by his cage. It takes patience and time. I'll keep at it.

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Edgar is usually not afraid of sounds. Usually, because just recently he got scared of the sound of me closing the drawer. He knows this sound, I don't do this loudly. I don't know why. Usually he is scared of big colorful toys