• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what are some good harnesses?

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
I don't really encourage budgies in harnesses because they're just so little and skittish. They could try to fly and get taken by a predator, or hurt themselves trying to get out of it. I would think more about getting a smaller cage to go on walks or whatever.

brdfvr

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Krystal
My local bird store carries the aviator harness for $40 for all sizes. Super pricey, but the petite is the size for cockatiels and gcc. Pretty sure I've seen it on Amazon too

animalover

Jogging around the block
I don't really encourage budgies in harnesses because they're just so little and skittish. They could try to fly and get taken by a predator, or hurt themselves trying to get out of it. I would think more about getting a smaller cage to go on walks or whatever.
yea this thread was from a while ago, I already said I wont get it tho. but thanks!

animalover

Jogging around the block
My local bird store carries the aviator harness for $40 for all sizes. Super pricey, but the petite is the size for cockatiels and gcc. Pretty sure I've seen it on Amazon too
yes I can order the aviator, I just wont get it at this particular time because I don't have the money, but I can get a cheaper harness, just for harness training and backyard purposes.

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
I agree but there is a problem with walking around with them in a cage outside, it just doesn't make them feel free when they are trapped in a cage outside. Sort of hard to choose an option. :angelic:

animalover

Jogging around the block
I agree but there is a problem with walking around with them in a cage outside, it just doesn't make them feel free when they are trapped in a cage outside. Sort of hard to choose an option. :angelic:
yeah, that was the problem, but me and my sister are thinking of building a small aviary in our backyard, not for the birds to be in permanently, but for us to put them there when we do go outside, its a future plan, not right now.

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
yeah, that was the problem, but me and my sister are thinking of building a small aviary in our backyard, not for the birds to be in permanently, but for us to put them there when we do go outside, its a future plan, not right now.
Your bird should be recall trained beforehand, some birds would fly out of the aviary the second the door opens.

susieZiggy

Moving in
Real Name
Sue Yungwirth
I've been wanting to harness train our birds, but for a while now ive been looking for some good harnesses, all the ones I found at pet stores were for big birds like African greys, and the smaller sizes were all on amazon, none of them branded so I dont know which ones are good, here are the ones I found:

there are a few more but its hard to tell which ones are good.
we go to the beach every week and I took milo last time in a carrier, he enjoyed it but I wanted to give him freedom of walking around and exploring the place.
Just a word of caution if you let him walk outside, in sand or on dirt, My guy picked up a nasty infection in his feet from the beach. So just be careful!