• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what are some good harnesses?

animalover

Jogging around the block
I've been wanting to harness train our birds, but for a while now ive been looking for some good harnesses, all the ones I found at pet stores were for big birds like African greys, and the smaller sizes were all on amazon, none of them branded so I dont know which ones are good, here are the ones I found:

there are a few more but its hard to tell which ones are good.
we go to the beach every week and I took milo last time in a carrier, he enjoyed it but I wanted to give him freedom of walking around and exploring the place.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Of those options, the second looks like the best to me, though I would cut off the stupid decor in any case. :huh: Pointless bulk.

First and third look neither safe nor comfortable.

I found this store which carries the Aviator, though they don't appear to have size Petite in stock, which is what you'd need for a cockatiel... it might be worth watching the space or contacting them to see if they'll be stocking them eventually, though?

animalover

Jogging around the block
Of those options, the second looks like the best to me, though I would cut off the stupid decor in any case. :huh: Pointless bulk.

First and third look neither safe nor comfortable.

I found this store which carries the Aviator, though they don't appear to have size Petite in stock, which is what you'd need for a cockatiel... it might be worth watching the space or contacting them to see if they'll be stocking them eventually, though?
ooof, thats 60usd, lol, without the shipping, what are some good brands? maybe I can find them?

Ulis_Beast

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
Personally I only trust the Aviator harness.
I agree with @Feather .
The second one is a good design, but I don't like the material, easy to tear.
I hoverd over your profile to better help you and noticed you're from the UAE. @Gokha is also from there. She might be able to help you find a pet store that holds one..

animalover

Jogging around the block
Personally I only trust the Aviator harness.
I agree with @Feather .
The second one is a good design, but I don't like the material, easy to tear.
I hoverd over your profile to better help you and noticed you're from the UAE. @Gokha is also from there. She might be able to help you find a pet store that holds one..
ive looked and cant find the brand anywhere, I know alot of stores near me none of them have the harness, ill still ask tho. thank you.

animalover

Jogging around the block
The link that feather provided is it.
If it makes you feel any better I payed almost 50$+ shipping, when I bought it from the UK...
I think it's that pricey as the sellers charge you for the import costs, import shipping...
thats like half of my allowance, no way my parents will let me buy 4 of those harnesses for each bird, idk, ill try finding on other websites.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
thats like half of my allowance, no way my parents will let me buy 4 of those harnesses for each bird, idk, ill try finding on other websites.
Your budgies would be better off in a secure carry cage, honestly. I purchased a supposedly budgie-sized harness and took one look at it when it arrived and just went "You gotta be kidding me." Ended up fitting my starling perfectly, but Cereal was the intended recipient and she would have been swimming in it. :huh:

As for Milo and Kiwi, the same size would work for them both. I see no reason why they can't share the same one.
Taking multiple birds out on a harness at the same time is more of a headache than it's worth, trust me. I've tried it, and even with other people to help it's just a huge stressful hassle.

animalover

Jogging around the block
Your budgies would be better off in a secure carry cage, honestly. I purchased a supposedly budgie-sized harness and took one look at it when it arrived and just went "You gotta be kidding me." Ended up fitting my starling perfectly, but Cereal was the intended recipient and she would have been swimming in it. :huh:

As for Milo and Kiwi, the same size would work for them both. I see no reason why they can't share the same one.
Taking multiple birds out on a harness at the same time is more of a headache than it's worth, trust me. I've tried it, and even with other people to help it's just a huge stressful hassle.
okay, I guess we could buy 2, the reason we want to take both is because, one gets jealous of the other, and when we go to the beach we go for hours at a time and and we dont want to leave them at home like that, also six people go with us including me, so thats alot of help if you ask me lol.

Gokha

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Gaukharay
Hi! I ordered a harness for Zazu from amazon.ae , but I can’t tell you whether it’s good or no because Zazu is terrified just by the look of it and flies away even when I just approach in my hands with it :D so i can’t even try training him to wear it. I gave up and that’s fine by me, I can always take him out in a travel cage or bird backpack :) and i believe budgies are way too small to be on a harness?

My cockatiel Walad hates it too. Haven’t tried it with Momo, but She’ll need a much bigger sized harness

animalover

Jogging around the block
okay so, ive thought a lot about this, I currently dont have some extra money to spend on an expensive harness like the aviator, and winter is coming sp we wont take them out when it does, thats why I want to get something for the time being, that is cheap but still works, ik you mentioned that one of them from the links were okay, but maybe I can find some other harnesses? better ones to be exact, ones that kinda have the same mechanisms as the aviator, ill link some in a bit, and hopefully one of them will suffice for now..

animalover

Jogging around the block
PinShang Anti-bite Flying Training Rope Parrot Bird Pet Leash for Outdoor Random Color: Buy Online at Best Price in UAE - Amazon.ae

kinda similar to the one I linked on top

there's also this one that I found in my local pet store, im skeptical because thats the only pic it shows. <B>Pado - Bird Harness for Parrot</B> (Small)

this ones the only one showing with birds POPETPOP Bird Training Leash Adjustable Parrot Flying Strap Rope Universal Flying Traction Lead for Birds Oca Chicken Duck: Buy Online at Best Price in UAE - Amazon.ae so I think its my best chance..

sorry for the trouble

Maggiebird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sally
You could buy one and only use one bird at a time?.It also depend on what sizes birds you have.