• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What a day! My girl is all grown!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
We've had an eventful day, and I don't even mean about the mini mountain of peppers.

I have had quite the day with my feathered family.

So today, Sydney (my unsexed lone bird) was spreading wings for Jaime, who was happily watching from the top of the cage, while his girlfriend watched from their cage. Adélie was also watching. So somewhat a spectaters sport.

Screenshot_20190626_193403_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg Screenshot_20190626_193629_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
Sorry for grainy pics but I stay way back here in the couch.

I let Sydney out of the cage and Jaime returned to his girlfriend and Sydney came over and hung out with me for a while.

That seemed to be the end of that.

Later, I was chatting with a member on the forum and I spot something in Adélies cage... wings!
I don't know if it is coincidence or if she learned something new. She started off in the back corner, then came to the front corner which is closer to Sydney.

Again, poor quality but I'm using zoom because I'm over the other side of the room.

IMG_20190626_174719_1.jpg
IMG_20190626_174722.jpg

I let Sydney out, he tried to pick her toes so didn't seem like he wanted to be with her, yet he was interested. Adélie was oddly nice, and was trying to preen and lick Sydney through the bars, then laying down on her back right next to him as close as she could get. She seemed to be really into him. It is the first time she hasn't fluffed up whenever anyone gets within a foot of her cage. I eventually let her out and she followed him everywhere.
They both stopped to eat, and were somewhat ok with each other. Eventually Sydney flew off and landed on top of my shelf (directly above her cage), Adélie went to the top of her cage and was flicking her wings for him there too like a desperate fan girl while he watched from a height.

I just hope this doesn't get Sydney frustrated. I haven't noticed him hump the boing today or feed the duck...

**Yes, Sydney has a box. He's had it since he was a baby. Its never cause any issues or fights, he's not protective of it nor anything else really. He gets very curious if anyone touches his duck though. **

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My word! This IS an interesting turn of events.
Yea, more scandal than an episode of Corrie (not that I´ve watched it in 10 years).

Very interested in how this is going to play out.

I will certainly keep you all posted. It wouldn´t be so bad if Sydney was interested in Adelie. But it seems Sydney likes Jaime more... Which is ironic because I bought Jaime to be his friend and Sydney rejected him.
I am also, extremely interested as to how this will turn out!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
. Eventually Sydney flew off and landed on top of my shelf (directly above her cage), Adélie went to the top of her cage and was flicking her wings for him there too like a desperate fan girl while he watched from a height.

Notice at 00:53 she watches Sydney to make sure he's looking before flying a lap around me and back :lol:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Things are no better today.

Sydney is more intent on pestering the happy couples rather than spend time with Adelie...

Adelie is getting desperate. She follows Syney everywhere taking every opportunity to open her wings.....

:(

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Things are no better today.

Sydney is more intent on pestering the happy couples rather than spend time with Adelie...

Adelie is getting desperate. She follows Syney everywhere taking every opportunity to open her wings.....

:(
Poor Adeliè! She looks so cute with her wings out!

Sydney is probably thinking "Geez, you just got off the bottle". Is Chris Hanson around? :p

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sydney is probably thinking "Geez, you just got off the bottle".
Paahhahah I´m sure!
There was a moment just now... he thought about it! He was scritching and seemed like he was just about to go for it...
I´ll keep the thresd updated...
Who needs a television set with all this tense drama going on!

Sydney has been in and out of her cage all day.,..

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Skip to 2:30 to pass all the back and forth;
Yes that is Aldora slamming the toy at the end, distracting Sydney.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Don’t you just wish you could have a talk with her, and advise her to maybe play a little more hard to get? Lol

At least he’s paying more attention...what a cliffhanger ending though! I NEED to see the next episode to find out what happens next on Days of Our Lovies!! :shocking: