• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What a day! My girl is all grown!

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Awwww every time she opens her pretty wings...you know he’s about to take off :crycry:
Adelie, if you’re reading this (which you clearly were at the end of the video lol) we’re all behind you girl! If this doesn’t work out, it’s not because you aren’t beautiful- because YOU ARE!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, I feel so bad for her! Tell Sydney he has to get w/ the program. Adelie is smitten FOR SURE, poor girl!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yes, I also feel bad for her. She just wants some love!!

Sydney is currently ¨occupied¨ with his boing... :shifty: But I will sure tell him once he is done.

It´s funny how Adelie flipped. She went from fluffing up and attacking all the birds, to following Sydney around like a lapdog. Maybe it is because she is maturing and a switch was flipped.
She´s also a little pin cushion at the moment with all her new feathers coming through, so very grouchy.

Let´s see what happens today..... ;)

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene
Finally something to watch where Momo and I are equally entertained! WHERE IS MY POPCORN?!!!

It maybe took a few lovebirds, but I think you finally found that friend you wanted for Sydney all along. ;) She will win his heart! Or she might be a very hormonal teenager...

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Looking forward to the next episode here too!
I was thinking the same thing, Adelie actually reminds me of my 12 year old daughter these days... seems like everyday I see her trying to spread those wings. While it’s adorable to watch Adelie do it...Brooke, not so much lol I’m sooo not ready for this!

ANYWAY...Hopefully Sydney comes to his senses soon. We could be watching the start of a beautiful relationship
:sunflower:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Things are going slowly.
They both shared some seeds earlier but Adélie did try to attack Sydney.
I have had to come out for a bit but when I get home ill get them out again and see.
They are tolerating each other... So it's a start. :)

Ps, I just tied my hair up and found bird poop lol Story of my life! ....

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looking forward to the next episode here too!
I was thinking the same thing, Adelie actually reminds me of my 12 year old daughter these days... seems like everyday I see her trying to spread those wings. While it’s adorable to watch Adelie do it...Brooke, not so much lol I’m sooo not ready for this!

ANYWAY...Hopefully Sydney comes to his senses soon. We could be watching the start of a beautiful relationship
:sunflower:
This teenager time is the worst! I feel for you!!! Hopefully you will not get the "I hate you & everything wrong in my life is your fault!" Phase .

:gbh:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Things are going slowly.
They both shared some seeds earlier but Adélie did try to attack Sydney.
I have had to come out for a bit but when I get home ill get them out again and see.
They are tolerating each other... So it's a start. :)

Ps, I just tied my hair up and found bird poop lol Story of my life! ....

Yucky! It happens!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I forgot to post the video the other day.

And today she was spreading her wings and chasing Sydney around the living room to the point she was panting heavily and I put her back in her cage to calm down.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sorry for slow updates, my mum turned up on my doorstep with my nephew for a surprise holiday so I didn't spend too much time with the birds and on the forums for a week.

Current status: same but with more feather licking. Sydney is at least acknowledging Adélie now... So it's a start....

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I got a little nervous at 02:00 with the wing bite, but he was gentle, and that is all part of the mating experience. Sydney even tried to go in to preen under her wing after but she moved....

We´ll see......

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Sydney is just like m , completely clueless and overall not very interested hahaha but he does seem to be more interested in her

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yea. For sure. At least they can be together and not attack each other.... most of the time. Overall things are going well. Adélie has a friend.