• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Welp, there went those!

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
And the impenetrable block has succumbed to the demonic seagull! We’re down to just one hanging toy!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That one toy looks like she was trying to make a shiv! :laugh:

Good girl, 'dora! You just keep destroying those toys instead of Mom's furniture :)

I think buying some plain (non-pressure-treated) scraps of wood to extend her chewing toys isn't a bad idea if she's that much of a busy beaver right now!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
That one toy looks like she was trying to make a shiv! :laugh:

Good girl, 'dora! You just keep destroying those toys instead of Mom's furniture :)

I think buying some plain (non-pressure-treated) scraps of wood to extend her chewing toys isn't a bad idea if she's that much of a busy beaver right now!
Oh I love that nickname Dora @Xoetix you should definitely use this can I use it when preferring to her

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
That’s actually what my son calls her haha

It would definitely make for less typing :roflmao:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Ea
That’s actually what my son calls her haha

It would definitely make for less typing :roflmao:
Easier to spell too for my simple brain :rofl:
aww that’s so cute he calls her that

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
My Hy destroyed a basswood platform perch in MINUTES. No lie. Sarah laughed her butt off! Needless to say, I won't be buying one of those again.
Back in the day… when I did various crafts I used basswood for carving for its soft nature. Poplar is ok for using a drill for relief carving… will have to take a photo of my one and only PIA piece. I look at my wood shavings ( from the birds) and say”Self, you could package that stuff, slap a head shot foto on the package and sell it for good change as fire starter on Craigslist.” Somebody would buy it for fun to give as a gift stuffer and Walah ! You have Mo money for toys! Just don’t tell it’s from your Hy but a friends instead. I had a great bag saved up from Lola’s shavings and they disappeared when I broke my hip. I haven’t saved any since. How about oak ? My sister had a ton of hickory nuts this year from her trees. They’re safe and super hard but would be costly to send. How is he with Brazil nuts?

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He eats macadamia nuts (obviously), hazelnuts, pistachios, walnuts, almonds, & Brazil nuts but absolutely refuses pecans in an form so far.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Surprisingly to me, he is not a regular wood chewer unless it's fixed, so he can get leverage and strikes his fancy.