• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well Tinker is home. (Sad update post #865)

BertAllen

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dave
Yesterday afternoon he was in one right snarky mood. He was on the chair back eating a piece of walnut then he was giving me a ear lobe piercing. He then nipped Terri so he got a trip back to his house till 6pm.
He seemed a bit better from 6-8pm and this morning from 8-10am he was a little darling.

Moody or what!

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Not sure if I put up these but they are new. He says them very clear.
Kiss
This way.
Come on this way, Tinkers a good boy.
Tinkers my baby.
Terri's my baby.
Got your beak.

This is the best one he came out with it this afternoon. Probably been mumbling it for a week but this was very clear today.

Do my laundry.

I think we talk to him to much.

Last edited:

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
We have lived here for twenty years and I think we have broken one or two plates by dropping them on the ceramic floor.
Four weeks ago Tinker pushed my favourite coffee mug off the table. He got the second one in a dive bomb attack a couple of weeks ago and he was quite proud of it.

Today he dive bombed the third.

I will be looking for tin mugs this week. :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Tinker looks really confused.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:think1:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Awww poor Tinker can't work out how the door disappeared...... then you terrified him by telling him the boogeyman is in there :rofl:

He is way too precious, I really enjoyed this footage :heart:

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Happy 2nd Hatchday.

I think he is a bit confused today as usually he is chattering away before I let him out in the morning. Normally it's Morning Tinker or lately Morning Terri but today it was............

Morning Laundry. LOL

2nd hatch day.jpg

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Happy Hatchday beautiful boy! ♥♥
It's a pleasure to have followed you and follow you since you were a baby.:)

And about the last video.
I think he is very brave. He isn't afraid of new things, instead he is checking them out.
I like that! ♥♥♥

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
This absolutely blew me away this morning while Tinker and I were having breakfast.
He was eating real well then started to chatter a lot and all of a sudden in Terri's voice this came out as plain as day. We are really going to have to watch what we say now.

Good morning you naughty boy.
Good Laundry naughty boy.
David naughty boy David go to work.

My phone was still on the night table. :(

When Terri is knitting he goes after the end of the needles and it was just a few days ago she has been saying "your a naughty boy"

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
No more secrets in your house!!! lol. They are so clever it is sometimes scary.

Burt comes out with new things all the time but he only tends to keep the odd phrase or word...... his most used ones lately are "hello", "I love you" and "gimme a kiss" but I have heard so many other words and short phrases too.
He wont say it in front of me but he sometimes calls out in whisper to my son after my son walks past him....... I call my son Frank and Frankie even though it is not his name :D, Burt will whisper "Frankie" when my son passes the door way to Burt's room.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Here he is outside and it 55F but sunny. I left his door open so he can come in anytime he wants but he chose to stay out till it clouded over and a breeze came up.
This is my view through the kitchen window.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Well it's been awhile but things are going well at Tinkers house. I can now occasionally get him to lay on his back in my cupped hands and he seems to enjoy the play time. We had some real crazy temperatures here as we went from two days of 30C and high humidity that Tinker didn't enjoy at all to a couple of nights at -4C that wiped out my crop of asparagus. since then things have levelled out and Tinker is spending more time outside playing and calling to the Blue Jays and Cardinals.

A week ago I had him in the palm of one hand and tickled his feet and some bang outside startled him and he fell from my hand but grabbed the back of it with his beak to catch himself. Hurt like the dickens but it was an accident.

Only humans were hurt in this picture. LOL

Attachments

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hope your hand heals fast :)