• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well Tinker is home. (Sad update post #865)

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Read this entire thread. Heartbroken for Dave and Theresa, I could feel the love and bond they had with Tinker. Don’t know if they are still on the boards but sending much love to them :sadhug2:

BertAllen

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dave
Hello all.
I have looked at this thread several times over the months gone by and it has made me sad so many times. But it has also made me smile and joyful knowing I had made good friends with my journey with Tinker.
I still think of him when I sit on my deck in the warm weather and listened to his endless chatter and wish he was here. I look at the scars on the back of my hand and smile at the reason they are there. Me being stupid and not paying attention.
I want to thank everyone for the support and please forgive me for being so tardy by not doing this much earlier than today.
I probably won't be back as I cannot go through another loss like this one again. It really did effect me like none other has. Maybe I am getting 71 too soft.
I will leave my videos up on YouTube for others to view if they wish although not many have lately.
Thank You Snowghost for the wonderful words. If this pandemic gets over I just might make it down your way while visiting my daughter in DC.

Thanks to all.
Be safe wear your mask and keep your distance as this mess is not over yet for so many poor souls.

Respect

Dave

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
So good to hear from you. When this disaster happened I was heart broken. I closed Avian Avenue and I didn't come back for weeks, months. Reading the update here again, I'm back in tears. I only knew sweet Tinker through this incredible thread you wrote, so I cannot imagine what it must have been like for you and your wife, and how hard it still is. But now I want to offer my heartfelt condolences, and I'm sorry for how late I am. I'm so glad that you can think of him and remember all the incredible, funny, love-filled memories you have with him. He was such a character so I know there were many. And I want to thank you for sharing him with us here. He was such a happy, loved bird. And he knew it. <3
All the best.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@BertAllen you are stronger than I am.

I've not been able to visit my threads with MC. It's hard to lose such a bond.

I pray that God can heal the hurt and, if it be His will, those of us with such a hole can be used to help another feathered friend.

After all, most of us weren't looking when we found our buddies.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Sending hugs, and I hope you still come back and visit us here.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sadhug2:We sometimes lose those we love. Time has not a reprieve for the heart. Treasure the times you had & the rest let it drown in the sea of for naught.

Last edited:

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Dave it is so nice to hear from you. I am sadden that you have taken Tinker's passing so hard. I had to help my wild caught White Front Amazon cross the Rainbow Bridge, it will be 3 years next March. It broke me in two. I cried for the first year and I still miss her dearly. Paco, my current parrot came into my life 2 weeks after she passed. He is completely different then an Amazon. He is funny, keeps me on my toes, and he is a challenge, to be honest sometimes I think I got more then I bargained for.

All in all, I couldn't cope with the silent house. Amazon's are very vocal and very loud, even though she didn't talk we had our own language. She was with me for 25 years.

I found Avian Avenues when she started acting strange. She wasn't flying to her perch or on top of my bedroom door. I didn't have a local avian vet. I actually thought it was old age catching up with her. I didn't know. After she passed I did some research, I didn't know how old she was, she had an open band that indicated she was wild caught. She was given to me in 1994. The US banned importing wild caught birds in 1984. So I figured she was much older then I thought. I met Claire here, you and Clueless and made many more friends.

I try to look on the bright side, even thought I lost my baby, I have made many friends, Paco is healthy and I have a great vet. Paco was in such terrible condition when I picked him up. I was horrified that anyone could leave an animal in the condition he was in. After talking to his 2nd owner Paco has not had a great life. She wasn't much better. After 2 years I finally got him to chew on cardboard. He is a plucker and at the age of 23 I don't know if he will ever stop. He is a very stressed out bird, but he is my buddy.

Birds are a very special companion, I really can't call them a pet. People that don't have a parrot don't understand.

I understand your pain and time will heal. I try not to think of Bugsy, the tears will flow. She loved screaming to Steppenwolf's Born to be Wild. I still can't listen to that song.

I wish I could say something to ease your pain. All I can say is I understand.... I think of you often and was nice to hear from you.