• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well they do have feathers but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
they live outside.:D
Thought I'd share a few pics of my chickens.
This is Polish our polish crested rooster. I know real original name.:rolleyes: The back of his head had been plucked bald until we did away with our silky bantam rooster who was causing all types of problems in the coop. Polish wasn't the only one who started growing feathers back when we got rid of Silky. So glad to see his almost full crest. Just love his fluffy head.:heart:
Polish crowing

Strutting his stuff

Cinderella
She somehow broke her one leg this past summer. So put her in one of my spare flight cages for 6 weeks to heal up. My husband said she'd never lay again but she proved him wrong before she was even moved back to the coop she laid me a present.:D You can see how her right leg is alittle crooked. But she doesn't let it bother her.

Cinderella and Goldie

My son loves Goldie. The 2 of them have quiet the relationship. This past summer they'd lay out in the grass together.:heart:

We also have a Rhode Island Red Hen and a bantam rooster but somehow I missed taking their pictures the other day.

LuvMyBirds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Polish look like Cruella de Vil :rofl:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
OMGoodness, what an awesome looking rooster!

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
hehe, soo adorable! What cute chickens! We have 18 chickens! 1 of our hens also broke her leg last year, and made a full recovery. This is a picture of Joey, 1 of our roosters that we hatched out about 2 years ago.

Attachments

Last edited:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg: These chickens are all awesome!!! Cruella De Ville :rofl::rofl::rofl:

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I LOVE Polish cresteds! We used to have two crested hens.

Your chickens are adorable:D

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
they live outside.:D
Thought I'd share a few pics of my chickens.
This is Polish our polish crested rooster. I know real original name.:rolleyes: The back of his head had been plucked bald until we did away with our silky bantam rooster who was causing all types of problems in the coop. Polish wasn't the only one who started growing feathers back when we got rid of Silky. So glad to see his almost full crest. Just love his fluffy head.:heart:
Polish crowing

Strutting his stuff

Cinderella
She somehow broke her one leg this past summer. So put her in one of my spare flight cages for 6 weeks to heal up. My husband said she'd never lay again but she proved him wrong before she was even moved back to the coop she laid me a present.:D You can see how her right leg is alittle crooked. But she doesn't let it bother her.

Cinderella and Goldie

My son loves Goldie. The 2 of them have quiet the relationship. This past summer they'd lay out in the grass together.:heart:

We also have a Rhode Island Red Hen and a bantam rooster but somehow I missed taking their pictures the other day.
Great pictures!! I LOVE chickens. I think Goldie is my favorite:)

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Thanks everyone. :)

Great pictures!! I LOVE chickens. I think Goldie is my favorite:)
She is the sweetest of them all. She just lets me kids go right up to her and pick her up she never tries to get away unlike all the others. Was pretty funny this past summer when friends would stop by and there our kids would be packing around the chickens.:lol:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I adore chickesn those pics are gorgeous

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I'll have to see if I can dig up the picture of Polish when he was just a little chick. They look so funny. Which he is a pretty nice rooster won't run at you and spur you you have to be doing something to get it. Unlike the little bantam he'll come up to you an ddo just because. Always freaks me out when my kids go to close to him when they aren't listening.:eek:

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Love your chickens. Polish is gorgeous! My grandmother always kept chickens. She was especially fond of banties. I was scared to death of those banty roosters :omg: She had one little banty hen, Brownie, that would sit in her lap & get petted like a cat. When Brownie had to poop, she'd hop down & go outside! Only house broken chicken I've ever heard of :) Grandma sure loved her chickens! Think she passed her "bird lover gene" on to me :confused:

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Polish is gorgeous! I want a flock of bantams so bad but I'm afraid of predators killing them. What do I do?! How would I need cats, raccoons, coyotes, etc away??

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Polish is gorgeous! I want a flock of bantams so bad but I'm afraid of predators killing them. What do I do?! How would I need cats, raccoons, coyotes, etc away??
We do have raccoons, foxes, and cats around here. We just let them out during the day and put them up when the sun starts going down if they haven't already put themselves back. Our neighbor actually had a raccoon kill one of his hens somehow acouple weeks ago even. Just make a good coop.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.