• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Well....she's home!

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Can you post a picture of it from above? In any case I'd recommend a DNA test, they're like $10 if you do it yourself. I have 3 girls and 4 boys, there's a variety of ways to tell them apart. Genetics, head shape, shoulder shape, amount of black on shoulders and wings, and behavior.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats. He/She is cute!

• Love
Reactions: Ali

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Once my girlfriend guessed like 7 in a row correctly I stopped DNA testing them and startes relying on her lol.
Impressive :cool1:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How's Iris doing now? is it bedtime yet?

Reactions: Ali

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
I'm voting with the male camp, you can see the black on the tail in the pic, so you know it goes up fairly high. Plus the shoulder patches. What are you going to do about the name, Mr. Iris?? Congrats on the new addition!! 3 of my guys took about 4 weeks before you could feel/see they made the switch to truly settling in with me. The lastest guy took about 8 weeks before I really saw the change. Don't rush it, the bond will happen!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Don't worry about transitioning to healthy foods because linnies have a hearty appetite. Mine will eat nearly anything, but they were pretty unhappy that time I gave them mango! I think it was too sour! Iris might just need some time to settle in before trying anything new. Definitely offer a small slice of apple, they are irresistible to them! (@Dona is it Gigi that doesn't like them?)

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't worry about transitioning to healthy foods because linnies have a hearty appetite. Mine will eat nearly anything, but they were pretty unhappy that time I gave them mango! I think it was too sour! Iris might just need some time to settle in before trying anything new. Definitely offer a small slice of apple, they are irresistible to them! (@Dona is it Gigi that doesn't like them?)
Yeah my girl isn't as food oriented as the average Linnie apparently. She doesn't eat a very wide variety of foods and although I've offered apples a dozen times, she says thanks but no.