• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well, I took the plunge!

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
He and the conures are not out together at this point, although they share the room. If the conures are out (or Hiccup is), I vigorously supervise out times. Hiccup has bitten me several times, I assume in frustration because I'm not catching on. His bites hurt, but compared to the conures, who are "out for blood" when they feel the need to bite, Hiccup's bites are more like a solid pinching. He's surprisingly gentle, even when disappointed..at least so far he has been. He doesn't have shoulder privileges because he bit my neck some time back. He just wants to sit on my finger when he's out. The conures want to engage or play or hang out when they are out with me. Hiccup doesn't like it if I move quickly when he's out with me. He turns into this cute perch potato on my finger, but he's super charged when in his cage! I don't stare at him intently, even though I want to. I make a deliberate effort to blink (comes from being around so many cats and dogs). He's picked up that habit and blinks back. It's adorable. I'm not sure if he has a reference for why I do that, but he plays along!! :embarassed:

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Hey, just throwing it out there, if you ever need a bird-sitter feel free to contact me. I would be happy to. :heart: