• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Welcome to the Family!

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
Now normally I would wait a few days to introduce new babies to the online community due to attachments being made but here they are! Their names are as follows: Felix, Francesca AKA Frannie, Phoebe, Fiona, Skully, Lana, Chloe, and Marisol. They are Black Australorps and Bantams. I believe Silkies due to their blue beaks, legs, and skin. They are temporarily in the cardboard box. Ignore the terrible quality of photo taken on my computer and the heat lamp that appears much too close to them. I kept bumping it while taken pictures with my lunky laptop. From their feather growth they appear to be in the one week range. A couple are starting to get tail feather which is supposed to happen around two weeks for more chicks. These ones however can't be that old. Chicks.jpg Chicks 3.jpg Chicks 2.jpg Chicks 4.jpg Chicks 5.jpg Chicks 6.jpg Chicks 7.jpg Chicks 8.jpg Chicks 9.jpg

pinkharley

Jogging around the block
yes they look to be about a week that one black one looks younger tho

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
Fluffy chickies of adorableness! :swoon:

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
Yeah the black ones are a day or two younger than the silkies. two of the silkies are about 1 week. the other 2 silkies are about 5-6 days, same with the australorps.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Cuteness in a box.

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
I am going to post some individual pics when I have play time with them tonight. I don't want to hold them too much but I want them to be used to human interaction so they stay friendly when they grow up. SOOO they get out of box mommy time every night before bed.