• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Welcome to The Cat Tree

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
A place to sniff the catnip and share stories, post pics and ask questions about your cats.

Have fun and expect to start purring!

mrstweet

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Yay! I'm glad we have our own little branch...but tree, really? Trees are for parrots! ;)

Catlady

Moving in
I have a picture of one of my ex cats in my pear tree... My new (to me) Amazon has never met my cats and ideally never will. His cage is in one large room and their area is limited to other rooms. After a kitchen expansion for an unrelated reason, I will be building a walk-in aviary according to plans I found on the internet, which costs only $200 in materials. Patrick's cage and table with playground will go in there, along with a chair for me to sit by him. This way he will be socially in the center of action while protected from cats and kitchen dangers like stove burners and ceiling fans, (though his wings are clipped right now.) I may try to train him to a sleeping cage to make sure he gets a peaceful 10-12 hours sleep later.
I have been a cat rescuer for years, have fed up to 22 cats a day on my property (counting outside ferals and abandoned pets) though presently only 12. Patrick parrot is an unexpected rescue also, but not less loved. He is a sweet double yellow-headed Amazon, full of personality but he lived his life as a decoration until I adopted him, so we both have a lot to learn.
But if anyone has cat questions, I am happy to help, not only from my own years of experience but one of my friends is an award-winning author and expert on cat behavior. And, totally off topic, I also co-rescued a thoroughbred mare some years ago and have an equestrian vet buddy, (who has a pair of Bengals.)

Andrea G

Meeting neighbors
Excited to know other cat owners with birds... I've lived with cats all my life, but I'm a new bird parent