• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Welcome aboard, Figs! (New budgie)

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
A warm welcome is in order for little Figaro (Figs for short). I'm over the moon with this handsome baby! Hes a sweetie and eye candy!

He will be coming home to my flock in the next two weeks more than likely, still being parent fed. He took some laps around the nursery today and it was very intruiging! Expect more photos... maybe not a ton right now as I live 45mins from the breeder store and can only visit a couple time a week.

Attachments

Kenzie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
What a sweet bundle of Fluff! What pretty blues in those feathers.

Did you finally move Miss Kenzie?
I know he is positively stunning. We are house searching come February but Bella, yellow budgie, got a cage upgrade that can accommodate two and since I also have two pairs caged together, Bella couldn't be the odd-bird out (plus shes completely tame and they're not)... SO! For my birthday we landed this cutie :).

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a cutie, congratulations!

Kenzie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
Thank you all. The breeder said we are possibly looking at this Saturday. If not, next week! I have all of our bonding activities planned in my head :bliss:
But I must be patient with baby and let him acclimate to my home for the first two weeks.

Now THAT'S a challenge... :wtf:

Kenzie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
He has deeply enjoyed my cockatiel and female budgie (his hopeful cagemate) playing on and near his cage. He is eager to interact, for sure, but I need him comfortable with us first before letting him out and get used to the sights/sounds so when he is out, nothing spooks him enough to slam into walls a lot.

He is eating, too! Such a handsome young fellow. He is a litter over 6 weeks old.

Attachments

Kenzie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
...that's a great sign...most newbies, when they come to a new home, take a little time before they start eating... :)
He ate this morning before we came in. He's been been cautious, so I had some millet on his seagrass mat up there with him to encourage him to get started. Then when I brought Bella the budgie and Lux the tiel into the room, he jumped down to the bottom and dug into all his food!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
What a little doll - Loving these pics! Hope he will settle in well with your flock - congratulations to all of you!

Kenzie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
He has been great so far. Hes barely scared of anything. Big 70lbs dog? Not an issue! Big birds fly near him? No big deal. Has even been getting on my hand for millet (a process I started because he was so comfortable so fast and showed no fear of getting on after seeing my other budgie using us as a jungle gym). Things have been great!