• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Weird stool

AlphaWolf

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Abdel
So this is the second day Aero got his chop, I added some blueberries on the chop. I know it is normal for the stool to be watery and reddish-black 'clause Aero loves blueberries. But I just noticed some long thin poops with no urates or something. And there is one hanging from the perch, I will take pictures soon. The biggest problem is that all vets are eclipsed today :(

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
A snake? :lol:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I would just continue to monitor today. Do not feed that particular food today and see if it goes back to normal. What kind of bird, what sex, and how old? Does the bird live with a mate or single? Hoping your bird will be fine. :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I see now..IRN female. Is it possible she has an egg?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Dont feed that food for a day and then see how the poops are...if they are the same, then off to the avian vet but I am betting it is the new food

AlphaWolf

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Abdel
Actually Aero is 8 months old, sex unknown

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
It almost looks like there is thread in the poop. Could she have ingested something she shouldn't have? Rope perch ends maybe?

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
It almost looks like there is thread in the poop. Could she have ingested something she shouldn't have? Rope perch ends maybe?
I think that might just be slimy urates.....

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope she's okay. I would monitor her, and see what happens in a few hours. :)

AlphaWolf

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Abdel
Ok, I think the thread is some downy feathers, Aero is moulting atm. He is now cuddle up and perched in one leg. I removed the chop and replaced with seeds.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
That could be it. A birds' digestive process takes only a few hours, so wait it out a few more hours. How many poos looked like this? Is be still doing them?

AlphaWolf

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Abdel
Ok Aero just pooped right now and it looks like it is back to normal :D I replaced the bedding so I can see more clearly, the poop defiantly had feathers as I have no threads in the cage, yet :). It looks brown but it is dark green. Thank you all, I will carry on monitering but I think it is just the chop, he is preening and playing now ;)

IMG_0586.JPG IMG_0587.JPG IMG_0588.JPG

AlphaWolf

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Abdel
Yesterday was watery, but again it was his first day of chop. The poos where dark 'cause of the blueberries but the weird shaped ones was pooped only 3-4 times.

AlphaWolf

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Abdel
And I don't think she is a she, well to young to know. On a side not Aero is playing with a feather right now and preening at the same time, oh God hilarious :hehe:

AlphaWolf

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Abdel
That first poop picture looks like a bird foot. Why don't we play poop-shapes, the avian-verison of close potting :) :) :) :)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That first poop picture looks like a bird foot. Why don't we play poop-shapes, the avian-verison of close potting :) :) :) :)
Hahahahaha, I could see us doing that. Glad the poopies are back to normal.