• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weird Poops from New Ekkie

JSyle

Meeting neighbors
I brought a six year old female ekkie home yesterday. There was about a three hour ride home and when we got home her poops were bright green when they hadn’t been before the ride. Do you think it’s just from stress since her poops has looked totally different when we picked her up? The poops had turned bright green before she had eaten anything but she is eating a veggie chop now (which she is eating and drinking regularly). I do have a vet appointment for her to get bloodwork done before I introduce her to my other birds but I’m hoping to get answers before then. Also the poops are still bright green.

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
@Monaco Hopefully koi can help, I hope I remember right if you have an ekkie, or could tag other member who do as well

I do hope the birdie is ok! may be a good idea to take her to the vet for a wellness check up to be sure also

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Stress is a good bet. Are there any changes in the urates? The vet visit will give you more information, but keep in mind that you also may be seeing dietary changes for a bit as well. It's hard to get an idea of normal at first. My guage is multiple odd ones in succession or over more than 24 hours versus an odd one between normal ones. There's also a helpful chart linked somewhere here. Search for "poopology" or "poop chart" and you will find it. It's a little like baby poop as far as emergencies go, black, white, blood = go right away.