• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

weird poop. is it from diet or is it a bacterial infection? (photos with poop)

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
I just did not understand ( the course of action ).... What is that?
I do not understand one thing... Why ( mainly in the USA ) the pellets are such great.... I do not use tham and I am against such ideas like " millet sprays as a reward or threat". This is really stupid... and, sorry everybody, but reading that, I am glad I live in middle europe, not in the USA,.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I do not understand one thing... Why ( mainly in the USA ) the pellets are such great.... I do not use tham and I am against such ideas like " millet sprays as a reward or threat". This is really stupid... and, sorry everybody, but reading that, I am glad I live in middle europe, not in the USA,.
You can do things your way without calling other people's way stupid. I hope that is not what you intended to mean.

Usually the droppings are looked at under a microscope to determine a bacterial infection, and if present, antibiotics are given. If that does not clear up the infection, another antibiotic may be given, or the bacteria cultured, to see what antibiotic would be most effective.

anurim

Strolling the yard
I also live in Europe. This is what works best for me and my bird, and this is also what the vet suggests. I appreciate your opinion, but you don’t need to call it stupid. My parrot normally has seeds at all times in his cage, but in toys, as he needs to work to get to the seeds. There’s nothing wrong with that.

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
Read one more what I called stupid. SUbcionsciously you wanted to feel offended, but you did not read my comment rightly.
I mean what any vet tries to persuade the owner of any species of bird ( budgie, eclectus, etc. ) to convert to pellets, it is obvious, that is just commercial and not by any honest study verified.

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
some vets are recommending to converting mostly on pellets of any species of bird. If anybody does not have seeds in his country, ok. But, for example, budgies are desert animals. To crush various species of veggies, make it into the powder, using salt and heating temperatues and mix it into "pellets" does not provide the multivitamins which those veggies have in their original condition by my mind. there is one articlle on the internet on the site of PRoceedings about the POTENTICAL connection between using pellets and renal problems. The same also would be connected with using vitakraft millet sticks which contain too many additives and colorings.
Many people on the west are using millet sprays just like a threat.... and this is exactly that what I called stupid. I am standing behind this my claim.

anurim

Strolling the yard
some vets are recommending to converting mostly on pellets of any species of bird. If anybody does not have seeds in his country, ok. But, for example, budgies are desert animals. To crush various species of veggies, make it into the powder, using salt and heating temperatues and mix it into "pellets" does not provide the multivitamins which those veggies have in their original condition by my mind. there is one articlle on the internet on the site of PRoceedings about the POTENTICAL connection between using pellets and renal problems. The same also would be connected with using vitakraft millet sticks which contain too many additives and colorings.
Many people on the west are using millet sprays just like a threat.... and this is exactly that what I called stupid. I am standing behind this my claim.
ok, that’s your opinion. I’m still going to feed my parrot pellets because I trust my avian vet. I trust that my vet read the ingredients, researched the pellets, the effects etc and is not telling me to continue feeding pellets for comercial reasons, as you believe. And, for reference, I’ve been feeding pellets even before going to this vet, and she admired the diet I am offering to my parrot. Everyone has different opinion on this, so that why you do you, and I do me. thanks.

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
Ok, I do not have a problem with that.... I also respect that you have not those seeds available here which I have. It is ok. And you do not have budgies, so.... IF you would have and feed them pellets, you would see the problems of that. MAybe the african parrots are more resistant to that.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
@Ivan Vanca this thread is about @anurim and their health concern for their bird. If you would like to debate pellets, please do it in one of the numerous threads on the avenue about that or start your own to place your soapbox.

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
Ok, I respect Anurim is such sensitive that is offended by any word... Ok, thanks.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

anurim

Strolling the yard
Ok, I respect Anurim is such sensitive that is offended by any word... Ok, thanks.
please stop. i thought we already ended this discussion at “you do you, I do me”. I don’t understand why you feel the need to say I’m sensitive for what? not agreeing with you? listening to an avian vet? As I’ve said, I understand you don’t agree with pellets, good for you! Just end it there.

anurim

Strolling the yard
Happy to announce we finished giving the medication! He is pooping well now, and everything looks alright. The dr. suggested we do the blood work once again in a few months, to see if everything is good since there were some things that looked like they were from this bacterial infection. He’s now a healthy, happy tiel.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m glad he’s doing better, thanks for the update!

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
Happy to announce we finished giving the medication! He is pooping well now, and everything looks alright. The dr. suggested we do the blood work once again in a few months, to see if everything is good since there were some things that looked like they were from this bacterial infection. He’s now a healthy, happy tiel.
nice to read that.

Last edited by a moderator: