• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weird molt or something more sinister?

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Bee has been looking pretty rough lately and shes not having pin feathers all over her body but she's losing feathers right above her cere and the side of her beak. Is it just a weird molt?
20200930_103011.jpg

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It's likely her cere is irritating so much all her rubbing it could have damaged her feathers. Personally though I'd pay the vet a visit to make sure.
How long has her cere been this dark? As in has she had a break from those devil hormones?

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
It's likely her cere is irritating so much all her rubbing it could have damaged her feathers. Personally though I'd pay the vet a visit to make sure.
How long has her cere been this dark? As in has she had a break from those devil hormones?
It's been a good like 2 months I believe

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
I'd go to the vet just to make sure. With budgies and smaller birds, they deteriorate very quickly after a certain point. Could Just be breeding mood (?) with a mix of weird moult.
@PoukieBear ?

:budgie2:

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
It doesn't appear to be anything sinister to me....but like others have said, a vet check will be your best option since none of us can really diagnose anything online.

For her raging hormones, you should probably start covering her cage so she only has about 8 hours of daylight.