• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

CGrillo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
You hadn't posted here on this thread for a bit and I was curious how Luke was doing. Hopefully much better now.
Thanks for checking up on us ;)
he seems good. Poop is still wet but it seems he’s molting again since he stopped his antibiotics. I haven’t gotten the results back yet hopefully this week!

CGrillo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
Also he’s been maintaining his weight he actually has been going up and down 2 grams on the scale so it seems his weight has kind of stabilized

CGrillo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
So luke has this small mark on his beak and I did see him bang his beak hard on the cage bars when he ruffled his feathers a week ago. Do you think that’s what caused this? And if so when will it go away

Attachments

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
If it's that extremely hard to see dark patch that's nothing to worry about. It will likely be from when you saw him knock it, and it'll just grow out. A month to 6 weeks it'll be gone.

CGrillo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
If it's that extremely hard to see dark patch that's nothing to worry about. It will likely be from when you saw him knock it, and it'll just grow out. A month to 6 weeks it'll be gone.
Yes it’s pretty faint I noticed the color in his beak turned a little lighter in that area a day or so after he hit it and now it’s bruised in that Same spot so that’s why I assumed it was a bruise since it changed after he hit it.
thank you!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's fantastic news!!!

CGrillo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
Hey everyone! After multiple vet visits and multiple tests coming back clear I just want to get everyone’s thoughts on Luke’s poop.

It is still looks on the watery side to me but what are your opinions?

Attachments

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If your vet has ruled out all potential causes, perhaps that is simply what’s normal for Luke. Is he still taking medicine at the moment? Has his weight been fairly stable?

Edited to add that I can’t see the photo very well so I can’t give an opinion on his droppings.

CGrillo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
If your vet has ruled out all potential causes, perhaps that is simply what’s normal for Luke. Is he still taking medicine at the moment? Has his weight been fairly stable?

Edited to add that I can’t see the photo very well so I can’t give an opinion on his droppings.
The vet has ruled out so many different causes during the past 2 visits we had this month. When I called him last he said this might be Luke’s normal because luke is eating and drinking fine and his weight is stable. it doesn’t seem like he’s drinking tooo much but he does drink. I think he likes the taste of water because he looks like he enjoys water when he has it lol. It’s weird because he acts normal overall. Also he’s molting!

Attachments

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
I had a similar problem with my budgie, Peridot, about a year and a half ago. All of a sudden, she began releasing pure water--absolutely nothing to the droppings. I booked an appointment for her with the local vet as soon as possible. She had some antibiotics that put her back to normal for a month, and then the watery droppings came back, but not nearly as bad. Fast forward another several rounds of expensive banana-flavored antibiotics and tense syringe-feedings, and the poops were still watery on occasion. The vet said that it was probably just her normal, considering that she is otherwise healthy.
Unlike my others birds, she poops continuously at night instead of all at once in the morning. The droppings are always a bit soft, but not as watery as they used to be. It's always the worst when she's molting.
And yes, she seems to enjoy drinking water very much :lol:

Luke's droppings look much better than they did at the start of this thread, and I think that it's safe to label them as normal (though I'm no vet ;)).

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I think I explained earlier in the thread that my Goldie drinks a lot and has wet poops. It's totally normal for him.
Every budgie is different.

CGrillo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
I had a similar problem with my budgie, Peridot, about a year and a half ago. All of a sudden, she began releasing pure water--absolutely nothing to the droppings. I booked an appointment for her with the local vet as soon as possible. She had some antibiotics that put her back to normal for a month, and then the watery droppings came back, but not nearly as bad. Fast forward another several rounds of expensive banana-flavored antibiotics and tense syringe-feedings, and the poops were still watery on occasion. The vet said that it was probably just her normal, considering that she is otherwise healthy.
Unlike my others birds, she poops continuously at night instead of all at once in the morning. The droppings are always a bit soft, but not as watery as they used to be. It's always the worst when she's molting.
And yes, she seems to enjoy drinking water very much :lol:

Luke's droppings look much better than they did at the start of this thread, and I think that it's safe to label them as normal (though I'm no vet ;)).
that’s so interesting! None of my budgies in the past have ever had water poops like this! Is it normal for him to enjoy drinking water? Lol.Because it seems to be just that. He just looks very content when he drinks:roflmao:

Yes his molting poops are always extra watery too! Good to know I’m not the only one experiencing something like this!

I think I explained earlier in the thread that my Goldie drinks a lot and has wet poops. It's totally normal for him.
Every budgie is different.
Yes I remember! I have kind of come to the point of accepting that luke is the same way:laughing2:

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think you have a fine little man, there :) The second pic I could see, and they all look OK to me!

When we returned from our road trip and I let the boys back in their flight cage, Jelly Bean dunked his whole head into the water dish while drinking! It was so funny to see him enjoy the water so much--since he was never a fan of baths :laughing2:

Enjoy that sweet boy!

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
I found a photo of Peridot from about a year ago while she was on antibiotics. Unfortunately, her facial feathers got some of the medicine on them and gave her a goofy appearance. :smuggrin:
IMG_2923.JPG
Any funny photos of Luke after his medicine?

CGrillo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
I found a photo of Peridot from about a year ago while she was on antibiotics. Unfortunately, her facial feathers got some of the medicine on them and gave her a goofy appearance. :smuggrin:
View attachment 369672
Any funny photos of Luke after his medicine?
Of course I do ;)

Attachments