• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weird changes

NoxiousTed

Checking out the neighborhood
budgie poop in cage.jpg complete urine.jpg

Okay, I have a 6-8 month old budgie named Trickee. Me and him have become best friends over a short amount of time. He always is active and chirps and interacts with things. He started molting and things slowed down but he still did everything the same way just a little more cautious. Recently since 2 days ago he started really slowing down. His poops were completely normal in the morning and then later on in the afternoon they turned into the ones in the cage. I was concerned but still let it go and just thought it was a small thing that would go away. Later on that day I introduced him to spinach and he loved it and started eating it without being hand fed. He was still preening, eating, and chirping a few times but less alert and more into being fluffy and sleepy. The next day his poop looked like that when I took him into the kitchen to get a drink I came back to pick him up and saw those yellow urine puddles. Later on I put him back into his cage because I keep him out most of the day. He sleeps outside of his cage on a perch and I have had people comment on this but he doesn't interact with anything while I'm not around and whenever I'm not supervising I put him in the cage. He doesn't move from his nighttime perch his stays on it and I reward him for it. Anyways, today he has improved his poop has gone back to normal, and after a good nights rest he is more active and alert and is interacting a lot more since the past 2 days. He also has started trying to sing and making weird noises (nothing to do with breathing). The only problem is I found out he is underweight but I never could tell because he looks bigger than I thought. I'm changing his diet because the seeds I have him eating now are cheap and awful. Probably the reason he has become underweight and also additioning pellets and different kinds of fruits and vegetables. And also I know his cage is small I'm buying him a bigger one later next week also the new diet plan.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the forum :)

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:welcome2:
Perhaps take Trickee in for a wellness check?
The poop in the second photo does not look normal.