• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weird budgie poops

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
I just noticed these unusual green poops in my birds cage. Is it something to worry about?
F9C76CF1-7D3B-41EC-ADF9-8200B4330671.jpeg

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
We need more information. Specifically the food you are feeding this bird, what it eats and any pertinent health history.

Reactions: Ali

BirdWorld

We need more information. Specifically the food you are feeding this bird, what it eats and any pertinent health history.
There are two birds, they have never had any health problems, they are still young (about 5-9 months) and I feed them lafebers pellets (daily), strawberries, apple, banana, cucumber (rarely), kale, millet (as a treat), and occasionally spinach. They eat kale almost every day. I also sometimes feed them hard boiled egg but haven’t done that recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ali

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I suggest you not feed any fruit for a while and see if the droppings dry up some. Spinach should be fed sparingly as it can interfere with the uptake of calcium. Are you feeding any pellets?

BirdWorld

I suggest you not feed any fruit for a while and see if the droppings dry up some. Spinach should be fed sparingly as it can interfere with the uptake of calcium. Are you feeding any pellets?
I feed pellets daily in their food bowl. But I haven’t fed much fruit recently? I did give them a slice of cucumber for the first time yesterday, but they hardly touched it. You’re saying that they could be over hydrated? Would them eating kale explain the green-ness?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Kale should be ok. I fed that often and never had watery poop. Cucumber I never fed to budgies. They never liked it. You may want to make a batch of birdie bread. You can put lots of the orange and yellow veggies in it for Vit A. There are mixes sold that you can add to or just make it from scratch. Orange and yellow are important to feed like pumpkin (puree for the bread from can), carrots, squash (baby food) and other healthy foods. One other thing you can do to help the GI system is once a month to give them ACV water. Apple Cider Vinegar (unfiltered) 2 tsp in one quart of water. Refrigerate until gone.

BirdWorld

You may want to make a batch of birdie bread.
I have never made it before, are there any easy recipes? I have looked it up but all recipes for bird bread I have seen on the internet either have unhealthy ingredients (sunflower seeds, peanut butter) or is just human bread in the shape of birds. :lol: So, any suggestions? I have tried giving my birds carrot shavings before which they never tried. I'm going to try some different approaches to carrot, see if that works.

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My birds like Avian Organics Bird Bannock bread and Mommas Singing Bird bread. Both of these are easy to make, and if you want you can add stuff to them.