• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Weird birds...

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
No matter how long I live with birds, there's always a surprise here and there:

My best guesses are that he was nervous in the car and she developed a crush on the pen.

Please do share your best guesses as to what in the world they are doing. :D

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Rhubarb almost looked expectedly like she was going to get handed. The way she tentatively tasted it too. Probably brought back early memories.

As for the toe licking. Probably anxieties. Or motion sickness. Bokka would grab his feet in the car and sort of "nod" with the nail in his beak and then head Bob and regurgitated after the car has stopped.

Did you see any regurgitation or head Bob movements that might indicate motion sickness?

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
No bobbing. I think it was just anxiety. He calmed down pretty quickly and settled in for the ride. You can kinda see him switching into self-scritches at the end of the video.

I hadn't thought of handfeeding flashback. Makes sense though.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Gonzo is obsessed with ballpoint pens, I’ll remove the ink and spring and he will just hold it and try to get the clicker out.
That is what Milton's first person let him do...so now Milty thinks every pen is his. That resulted in Milty lunging for a pen I had in my hand one day a couple of years ago. He missed the pen, but got the inside of my right nostril and right under the left side...for seven stitches...:(

Domothebudgie

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Oh no, that’s horrible! Gonzo likes to play fetch with it, but I still have to be careful not to try and take it away from him. He hasn’t gotten very possessive over many things so far, but I’m worried that he might once he gets older...