• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weight

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
Merlin and Nova are so cute! And now you two have me wondering. I thought all English budgies would have the poof. Obviously not! And why would the store not label them as English budgies? Oh, who knows why pet stores do anything. I am picturing the pair I saw at the humane society. Pretty much Packers size. Hmmm...

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I've seen a very big budgie with almost no puff on its head. It was obviously an adult male, but no sign on the cage about it being an English budgie. There was only him so no others to compare to but mine at home. I'd say the price is often an indicator. I don't know what kind of wild birds you have to compare to..

Anyway, this morning Merlin is 39g and Nova 41... Looks good for Nova. I'm less happy with Merlin though, he keeps going down.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Do they stay in it during the shower? Or do you let them out once they arrive? It looks a bit too snug to bath in comfort.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Do they stay in it during the shower? Or do you let them out once they arrive? It looks a bit too snug to bath in comfort.
We shower them inside the bus, they sit on the branch and turn once one side is "clean enough" :D I had some videos on youtube but they are gone!! :jawdrop1:

Found one with Twitter on my phone:

Last edited:

Dorcas George

Thanks for sharing that! Neither Packer nor Frost show any interest in the little bird tub so I’ve been spraying them weekly using a spray bottle. This looks lots more fun! Good to hear weight for both is reasonable.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Thanks for sharing that! Neither Packer nor Frost show any interest in the little bird tub so I’ve been spraying them weekly using a spray bottle. This looks lots more fun! Good to hear weight for both is reasonable.
They had to get used to it, now they know the drill but Pichu isn't especially fond of this form of shower, and it took Twitter a while too. But they are afraid of spray and won't bath on their own more than twice a year :wacky:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Not sure how I missed this- you know I’ve been dying to see a vid of the bus in transit :laugh:
I think it’s awesome you’ve figured out a system that works for your little dirty birds! Your little helper is cute too, and nice and calm getting Merlin on the bus, very good job! :dance4:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Thanks! I know that bus has been a curiosity, thought it was about time to demonstrate!! :roflmao:
My boy is used to them and knows how to do it, he just has a problem with short arms when they don't want to come out of the cage, and they don't if things aren't as usual... like this weighing only ONE of them and getting the other one later is definitely routine, so it took a little more time to get them :D Usually they both jump in and off we go! :lol: