• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

@webchirp I'm calling u out

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:banghead: found it

Phoe Phoe

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
This is not a critique at all-- do you suffer any hearing loss with all these fids? Any creative solutions you can suggest?

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
This is not a critique at all-- do you suffer any hearing loss with all these fids? Any creative solutions you can suggest?
:rofl: yes, but mainly because of my sun conure and gold cap over the last 20 years. However, I do read lips but didn't realize how much until Covid and masks.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol I was secretly wondering if that’s why you’ve stuck to pyrrhuras for the most part

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Lol I was secretly wondering if that’s why you’ve stuck to pyrrhuras for the most part
I’ve gone with them because hubby said “you can have all of those little ones you want, just not those squawking ones, please”…and the man said please super nice and desperate like. :lol:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
@webchirp i saw that ur adopting Mickey and Chicky from @Shilpa , so I’m curious do u have any non conure birds?
Mickey and chicky will be the only mini conures I’ll have. I had been wanting to adopt keets for awhile now. And if Shilpa does come back I would be just as happy to let her take them home again.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mickey and chicky will be the only mini conures I’ll have. I had been wanting to adopt keets for awhile now. And if Shilpa does come back I would be just as happy to let her take them home again.
What type of conures are they ?

BirdG1rl

Real Name
Mara M.M
What a beautiful group of conures! You sure are busy! :D

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
:rofl: yes, but mainly because of my sun conure and gold cap over the last 20 years. However, I do read lips but didn't realize how much until Covid and masks.
Hah you’re not kidding! I rely on lip reading. Been going to several doctors lately and dang, everyone is still wearing masks. Even my hearing aids aren’t very effective.
Mines hereditary though.

I’ve gone with them because hubby said “you can have all of those little ones you want, just not those squawking ones, please”…and the man said please super nice and desperate like. :lol:
Too funny! Mine requested no large beak

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Hah you’re not kidding! I rely on lip reading. Been going to several doctors lately and dang, everyone is still wearing masks. Even my hearing aids aren’t very effective.
Mines hereditary though.

Too funny! Mine requested no large beak
And my last office it about killed me when people would come in and try to gossip with a mask on, under their breath....so frustrating. I couldn't hear or decipher a darn thing. Oh and huh started to become my vocabulary. What do you say when you have no clue and don't want to go through the whole, hey I can't hear you, could you yell so the entire department and I can hear...oiy

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know I'm a bit late to this thread @webchirp but I loved hearing about how you got your babies again. I've said it a million times but I'll say it again all these babies past and present have been so lucky to have you take them in. You are truly an Angel to these kiddos I will always be in awe of you and your wonderful loving heart :heart: