• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weather Changes causing wet nostrils?

szan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ally
Hey guys, hope you're all having a good week so far! My boy Sam (2yo, male) is showing no signs at all of sickness. He's interested in food, his feet are warm and his grip is good, he's not especially irritable or inactive... but in the mornings when its coldest (just coming into cold weather here in QLD, Australia) he seems to have a wet nose. It doesn't run, and he isn't constantly sneezing then, and it clears right up as the day gets warmer and he does some sun basking by the window.

Just wondering if this can just be attributed to the cold mornings? I know my nose does the same, but birds might be different for all I know!

Thank you for any advice given :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I’m in Vic and I’ve never noticed that with my birds on the cold mornings.
Yesterday early morning we had icy windshields on our cars so it was fairly cold and I didn’t have the heater on so it was down to probably 15C in the house- no wet nares.

szan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ally
I’m in Vic and I’ve never noticed that with my birds on the cold mornings.
Yesterday early morning we had icy windshields on our cars so it was fairly cold and I didn’t have the heater on so it was down to probably 15C in the house- no wet nares.
Yeah I've given him a quick once over this morning and there's no more wet nares at all, so I'm thinking maybe he was sneezing out some dusty feather fibres before I uncovered him in the morning? He does tend to sneeze those out after grooming himself