• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

we have a sonic the hedgehog too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oknuma

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Oknuma
this little guy came to our garden first last year. Now he has a little home under our balcony and has a partner there with him too. We didnt get babies last year but are hoping for some this year ( although may already be a little late in the season )

Oknuma

Real Name
Oknuma
hehe yeah deb nz has a huge hedgehog population. They get a really bad rap as disease carriers but its just not true at all. they do carry lice but it can also be treated.

When this guy moved in I contacted our local hedgehog rescue to find out what to feed him so he would stick around and not wander onto the road ( we live way back off the road on a R.O.W ) unfortunately not a day goes by in spring when you dont see one squished to the roads around here:(

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
i never knew they were over there.guess im just used to seeing the pygmy ones. thats sad they get run over though.
guess the closes thing we have to a hedgehog is a echidna.least they get even if run over you get flat tyres from them.

Oknuma

Real Name
Oknuma
oh these guys can get quite big and they are quite loud in the garden.. they make this "huffing" sound as they root through the dirt and till all the soil over.

not a great pic but this is him with his gf :D

both of these are old pics, I dont try to photograph them any more as when I do they run off for a few days.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
this little guy came to our garden first last year. Now he has a little home under our balcony and has a partner there with him too. We didnt get babies last year but are hoping for some this year ( although may already be a little late in the season )

Oh so cute! You have a REAL Sonic the Hedgehog, not like my little thunderfluff imposter!

Status
Not open for further replies.