• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We have a house guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I dont know what kind of shavings are in it, but there are some.

Hypancistrus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lauren
I found with hamsters (even females) I had to clean their cages twice a week to keep them smelling fresh. Good thing is that some of them will use only one corner... then you can clean that corner several times a week and not waste as much bedding.

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Just tossing this out there as a general bit of info: cedar is not recommended for small animal bedding. The strong cedar smell that covers the ammonia and other 'dirty' smells is no better for the little critters who must live right in it than it would be for our birds. Aspen, white pine and other woods without phenolic compounds (like that distinctive cedar smell), shredded paper and other paper products are better choices for their health, if not our human noses.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Oh I know Cedar is no good, from when i had my rattie. We used shredded paper for him, he loved it. We're using Aspen for this little guy.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
BAHAHAHA!! thats funny. My sister just looked at the cage and was like "uh oh - bubbles is gone!" (he was just hiding) and my i was like "looks like we'll be needing to take a quick trip to the pet store and grab another one before she comes home!" hahahaha, i can't beleive you just posted that!!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Heheh:ptoo funny. I read your mind:rpg9:

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
psst..you just replace it quietly...

J/K:lol:
:rofl: That SOOOO reminds of the episode on The Cosby Show when Rudy was looking after her best friend's hamster and it developed a sneeze. Cliff took it to the vet in the middle of the night, spent several hundred $ on it, only to have it die and he replaced it with a new one. Her friend knew.
Kids just know :cool:.... don't try it! :lol:

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
psst..you just replace it quietly...

J/K:lol:
:rofl: That SOOOO reminds of the episode on The Cosby Show when Rudy was looking after her best friend's hamster and it developed a sneeze. Cliff took it to the vet in the middle of the night, spent several hundred $ on it, only to have it die and he replaced it with a new one. Her friend knew.
It was one of the funniest episodes and I just saw it again recently...

Kids just know :cool:.... don't try it! :lol:

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
they do know. We've actually been convinced my sisters hamster we had years ago was replaced. One day, the hamster has a little healed rip in his ear, the next day? completely gone.. LOL! well, i wasn't convinced but my sister was pretty upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.