• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

we got a ringneck!

shoog

Strolling the yard
Real Name
shoog
hello everyone! so there's a very very quiet ringneck is around our flock for 1 to 2 days! he's here cause my relative needed to go somewhere and had me to take care of him! he's a very shy and frightened ringneck ( who I usually stand with when talking about ringnecks in here ) and unusually not moving a lot, anyway, my budgie seems really attached to him, he thinks it's like him but much larger! but my bird strangely does this thing when he tries to h=get over the ringneck, I guess it is normal, I know it may hurt my bird if the ringneck got him, and I only allow them all together with supervision, but should I be concern about that? both my lovebird and my budgie play with this ringneck so often and know each other in the past, but that thing my budgie do is quite new.
also, it is normal for the ringneck to be so quiet? btw the ringneck is a 7-years-old male and my birds are around a year and a year and a year and a half, so it's pretty much like an old guy taking the food from the kids cause he needs more, and in return, he tries as much as possible to not explode and tear the hell out of them.
anyway, thanks to all of you and all of the replays!

shoog

Strolling the yard
Real Name
shoog
btw: the owner of Rio ( which is the ringneck name ) had several lovebirds, and many of them had been faded by Rio, so he's pretty much used to birds, little ones especially, and hardly cause any major harm to them

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue,Rio! We were owned by Titan for 26 years...IRNs are a wonderful species,and often misunderstood...a real pity.
Titan came to us as a 8 week old...and was typical of a hand fed baby.
So, he was quiet for awhile until he got used to us...he then became what you would call a "usual"baby bird...and grew to be an outstanding guy.
Rio sounds like he's adjusting to the new situation. He'll probably be quieter than what you'd consider normal for a time,until he gets used to everything.
Since he is an adult,he'll come with "baggage"...it's your challenge to help him unpack that baggage and grow to be a happy bird...

shoog

Strolling the yard
Real Name
shoog
Since he is an adult,he'll come with "baggage"...it's your challenge to help him unpack that baggage and grow to be a happy bird...
I have always had a feeling that he always something more than what he usually appears, and someday with time he will slowly explode to himself, badly he's here with us for only a couple of days, we would be having much more fun together :sad14:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
It's going to take Rio some time to unpack his complicated luggage...IRNs are so very sensitive...

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Since you are bird sitting for him just 1 or 2 days best to just let him be quiet & take care of his needs to make him comfortable.