• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We did it!! :D

Skye

Strolling the yard
Yep :tup: I wouldn't exactly be making a celebratory thread if she did it on a daily basis now, would I? ;)
Ohhh, I thought you were celebrating her eating pellets, cause that's what I'm really trying to get my birds to do at the moment. So far Roudybush is a no go. :arghh: At least you're progressing with Spring in terms of taming! :D

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
Ohhh, I thought you were celebrating her eating pellets, cause that's what I'm really trying to get my birds to do at the moment. So far Roudybush is a no go. :arghh: At least you're progressing with Spring in terms of taming! :D
@BirdWorld 's birds already eat pellets. :).
And Best of Luck to get your bird to eat pellets!!! :goodluck:

BirdWorld

It’s fine, lol. Mine love Lafeber pellets, you can try those :) and also, :goodluck:

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Reminds me when the latest Chipmonk in our backyard became tame... would come when we called, and then grew bold enough to take food out of our hand, even stepping up on our toes to reach it better! Miss that Chippie!

BirdWorld

I thought an update was due.
Both my birds now willingly eat from my hand, and will step a foot on my hand to get to seed. The best part is that they’ll do it on camera:
A2472BFB-5E56-4499-B15A-A7012E16B68D.jpeg
If you look closely Blinky stepped on my hand.

winniezon

Jogging around the block
Both my birds now willingly eat from my hand, and will step a foot on my hand to get to seed. The best part is that they’ll do it on camera:
View attachment 371935
well done @BirdWorld !!! congratulations! they are just baby steps but they always feel like the biggest thing in the world!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 371935
Don’t you love it when you feel that little foot on your finger for the first time :xflove: