• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We can see skin around shoulder area of our little Canary

puchesgirl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lois
Just noticed tonight a small area of skin on his shoulder area. He has been Molting like crazy. He is appx. 5 months old. He is eating well. When we first put his bath, he took one right away. Has only bathed twice since July 4th when we found him, OR he found my son! Is bathing something we need to do or do they completely do this on their own. Any thoughts will be appreciated. I will try and get a picture in the morning. Thanks,

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Are you able to post a picture of the area?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
You just supply the water, not too deep. Like an inch is fine. They do the rest.

I'm surprised you're seeing a bare spot.

puchesgirl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lois
Thanks for your response. I have a few pictures now. We don't have a Bird doctor anywhere near us.
Are you able to post a picture of the area?
Any help I will appreciate. He doesn't seem to want to take a bath. From what the medal tag shows on RIGHT leg, 2/27/21 is his BD. He is molting. Losing lots of tiny little feathers. Seems to have some bright darker yellow feathers coming in. Looks pretty. Just noticing these areas and concerned? Not knowing what to be expected. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

puchesgirl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lois
You just supply the water, not too deep. Like an inch is fine. They do the rest.

I'm surprised you're seeing a bare spot.
Thanks for responding. I did supply a few pics if you are able to take a look. Are these normal for molting? So NEW to BIRDS... He found my son out front on 4th of July. We put ads, posted found signs, no response. So, we now have a little bird!

Attachments

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Is there a lump on his right wing? Could be a feather cyst. The other side maybe had a scrape but the feathers are coming in.

puchesgirl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lois
Is there a lump on his right wing? Could be a feather cyst. The other side maybe had a scrape but the feathers are coming in.
Thank you so much for your response, I am going to try and get another picture of his right side again. I was hoping that left side was what it looked like when feathers come in. Please check back again I will try for it tomorrow. Let me know what you think. Thank you so very much!

puchesgirl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lois
Thank you so much for your response, I am going to try and get another picture of his right side again. I was hoping that left side was what it looked like when feathers come in. Please check back again I will try for it tomorrow. Let me know what you think. Thank you so very much!
Oh sorry, forgot to mention that, I do not believe its a lump, I see the same look as the others where feathers are coming in.. however, now I am wondering about his beak and or eyes with a closer look at his face, etc. He has only taken a bath twice since he has been here. Any thoughts are very greatly appreciated.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
It just looks like molt to me. I think your bird is fine.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Haha. Some birds have eyelashes, but not canaries. His face looks fine, and he will clean up eventually.

He’s cute.:heart: