• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Watery poop

trishla

Meeting neighbors
Hi all. I have 2 conures both are 6 months old. Since 3-4 days their poop is appearing to be watery. The climate here is too hot and i have have been giving them cucumber more than usual to keep them cool from the inside. I got worried about the watery poop and stopped giving them fruits and vegetables since 6hrs but the poop is still watery. They are on a seed diet since 12hrs and they soak their pellets in water while eating. They are not showing any signs of sickness. They are active and talking. Should i be worried?

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I give my conures cucumber when the weather is hot there poo becomes much more watery.
There poo will change depending on what they eat quite a lot.

trishla

Meeting neighbors
I observed their eating and found that they are drinking a lot of water and therefore the poop is watery. So my concern is that is it okay if they are drinking a lot of water? The temperature over here is around 35-40 degree Celsius.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
If your giving them frequent bathes, that could make them have watery poop too.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I observed their eating and found that they are drinking a lot of water and therefore the poop is watery. So my concern is that is it okay if they are drinking a lot of water? The temperature over here is around 35-40 degree Celsius.
They will drink more when the weather is warmer.
Do you weigh your birds this is a good indication if they are pooing to much, if they are loosing weight then there might be issues.

trishla

Meeting neighbors
They will drink more when the weather is warmer.
Do you weigh your birds this is a good indication if they are pooing to much, if they are loosing weight then there might be issues.
I haven’t weighed them. But i will start noting their weight from now on

Hahns0hmy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Adam
cucumbers would make the poop watery big time its pretty much water based. if they ate tons of that and not reg food it would stay watery. a shower would only cause one or two watery poops not 6hr period. if you cut off all veggies and cucumber and its still very watery maybe something wrong then. give it a day. definitely keep weight monthly its the only other way besides poop to know whats wrong.

trishla

Meeting neighbors
cucumbers would make the poop watery big time its pretty much water based. if they ate tons of that and not reg food it would stay watery. a shower would only cause one or two watery poops not 6hr period. if you cut off all veggies and cucumber and its still very watery maybe something wrong then. give it a day. definitely keep weight monthly its the only other way besides poop to know whats wrong.
Got it..thank you!!