• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Waterproofing a room

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
This might apply to John but ideas from anyone most welcome.

Wondering if I can find an efficient way to waterproof my walls to make my room washable.

I don't have the proper slope for a drain so I would have to squeegee the water towards the drain. But hubby thinks I can install a drain and just push it to the sump right (we have french drain running along the back of the house where their room is located.

Walls...can I tile a partial way up and then panel with shower pvc panels...panels would likely have to come out and over the tile so I didn't have a lip.

or can I do just the pvc panels and perhaps run a ditra membrane partially up behind?

Also, least toxins possible as I can't move them around for long periods.

Ideas for getting the awful stuck linoleum (under my floating linoleum) off the concrete? I would love to have a concrete floor.

Or perhaps I can create a foldable shower. Three pvc panels where the two could come out to form a stall of sort and then fold back flat against the wall.

Or just leave it all alone... :batonthehead:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Well, I think I found a solution...portable shower stall...but certainly not this costly. Bariatric Portable Shower - HomeAccessProducts.com

Pop up spill containment unit: https://www.grainger.com/product/UL...G10D5fzQdUl0f2UQmfqiMdJioi0dTYAUaHkBx7vEb1qXU

Water sprayer (can't hook to my sink faucet): Portable Power Wash Shower | MAKO Spearguns

Water drainage: https://www.amazon.com/WAYNE-Portab...eCkK68RerFxT-UmON6MA_oYdiOn6iOqqhif9dT39Jq-LM

PVC pipe to make the surround.

Pvc snap hinges for folding: https://creativeshelters.com/catego...guP5py9z3OIi621tXyAJV7APKqWM0lGglZvP7d2BCygYU

Shower curtains

I will post when I get it assembled and use it. I can't stand not being able to wash my cages in the winter.

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
You could put on it a giant rain coat :lol:

Just kidding. Your ideas are very clever.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
You can get washable paint. They were advertising it for families with kids or messy pets quite a few years ago.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
or can I do just the pvc panels and perhaps run a ditra membrane partially up behind?
That’s what I would do. Some kind of membrane with a 4” lip on the edge. Waterproof panels and you’re done.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Ideas for getting the awful stuck linoleum (under my floating linoleum) off the concrete? I would love to have a concrete floor.
A big old floor scraper and a muscleman to operate it.

You can rent floor grinders that will remove whatever’s on that floor in about 30 minutes and make it look brand new.

Last edited: