• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Karla2023

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Karla
Heavy metal toxicity (copper)
Someone mention that it could be cause by the water. I give my bird filter water from the fridge system. But I honestly don’t think is that good. I live with my family and they are the ones in charge of that filter. Can I give my parrot water bottle? If there any water filter recommendation someone mentioned previously Britta filters. Also I do bathe my bird in the shower and I notice that she likes to drink that water when I bathe her. That shower doesn’t have a filter. I am from Miami Florida. I don’t think the water here is good because I can see some water stain on the shower head once the water dries. Should be bathing the bird with water bottle from the store? Thank you in advance for any advice or advice recommendation. I am newbie regarding birds.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
You can actually get water quality reports they tell you what your city water supply has in it.

If your house is older and still has copper pipes, those are usually where you have an issue.

I would think this is unlikely to be the source.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I use britta filters at home as there's a lot of calcium in our water. Though recently I have been going and collecting water from the well, the breakdown is on a tile on the well, and the quality is better than most affordable bottles of water.
I still use the britta too, mainly for the birds, and me and my partner drink and cook with the well water :)

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If the water stain is orange in color that's high iron. If it's green that's high lime. Blue-green stain is copper.

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Whatever you do, be careful of distilled water. It lacks minerals and can be hard on the body when used as a long-term source of water.

Karla2023

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Karla
Whatever you do, be careful of distilled water. It lacks minerals and can be hard on the body when used as a long-term source of water.
Thank you yea I am staying away from distilled

Karla2023

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Karla
I bought a water quality meter my tap was 162 ppm and the filtered system from the fridge was 142 ppm 0AAF3647-B2BD-4C3B-B798-F2CD929D3DD2.jpeg