• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Water cups too deep?

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
So I finally received the the 5oz stainless steel water cups but they are pretty deep (about 1 and 1/2 in).. this triggered my anxiety into thinking that one of my birds might drown in it from trying to take a bath and getting stuck :(
Should I worry? IMG_20200724_183607743.jpg IMG_20200724_183610668.jpg

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Those look fine, I used the same ones for my budgie. He never had an issue. If you are concerned, just don't fill them up as much.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
w000t? My 10oz cups don't look much bigger. If you want to fill to the top to make it easier to drink from you can drop something in. An eggcup would do well by the looks.

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
And thank you all for the replies! I feel much better now! It's just my anxiety gets the best of me sometimes :b

Reactions: Ali

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
I have the same cups. I fill the water cup only half full and they have no problem getting the water. I can tell when Buddy wants a bath really bad because he'll sit in it and flutter!

Lori D Pert

Real Name
Lori
Mine are roughly the same size. No issues at all. Sam has never bathed in her water dish. Her Highness will only bathe in the bathroom sink with cool but not cold water. She lets me know when she wants a bath by screeching as she flies past the bathroom over and over. Sam is a Diva.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I have one for melon the canary, but I put his seed in it. He can't fling much out of its depth.