• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Washable rugs

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just curious if anyone has purchased one or more of those washable rugs. If so, how do you like it? I’m considering one or more in bird areas so that I can keep them ‘relatively’ clean, lol!

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I did have a rug under Mojos cage more trouble than it was worth and the laminate floor is much easier to clean even if i do find myself cleaning 3 times a day.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
I use throw rugs in between Howard's house and Billy's and by Koko's play stand. Take them outside shake them and wash. Found them on clearance so if they didn't work I wasn't out much.

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We use disposible hospital under pads in areas where we have carpet. We have them in front of cages, under the parrot tower, etc. They now make the kind you can wash & reuse. Cheap throw rugs would work too. Just read the labels to see if they can be washed.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Are you asking about the Ruggable washable rugs?
Yes. I would like to replace at least one area rug with something washable. It’s a sealed red brick floor, but needs something to help fight the chill in the winter. The rug that is there is very old and I would like to replace it.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Yes. I would like to replace at least one area rug with something washable. It’s a sealed red brick floor, but needs something to help fight the chill in the winter. The rug that is there is very old and I would like to replace it.
I am really wanting to try them too. I need 2 5x7 rugs. They have a plush and you can get a thicker pad too.

I know a dog Friend that said they are a game changer.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
My new set up is over tile which is obviously easier. Though when my parrots lived in a carpeted room I placed them over top of those carpet protectors for office chairs. They worked great. Maybe if you get a rug for over your brick the chair mat can go over that.

OF1741.jpg

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I just looked the Ruggable rugs up. Beautiful colors and designs. Sure beats my clearance ones :hilarious:
Well with dogs, they seem good. Doggy smell, hair and the occasional accident here with my oldest. So...washable is the way to go. I just haven't invested into them but will try one. I think I can get a 5x7 plush with 15% off right now and the thicker pad. It was like $360 then take off 15%.

Washing 5x7s are heavy out on my deck and take 2 days to dry.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The rug I have isn't plush at all. It's almost like woven rattan, and it's more than 14 years old. It's hard (impossible!) to clean, too. Once the boys get more comfortable with the idea, I'm hoping they will spend more time in that room once I get a tree stand they can all use.