• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Warning- PBFD Photos

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Sometimes i see cockatoos in the flock outside with PBFD, but there must be another wave going through the flock. Three sick ones this morning.
625F7290-D6BD-4CA1-8D6C-B540CD5128D5.jpeg AC6157E4-745B-43E8-992A-8F085F577F04.jpeg

When i see these sick toos, i usually just stay inside to avoid Spearmint catching it.
What precautions should i be taking? And is there anything I can do for the sick ones? Should I take them to the vets?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh poor sweeties,bless them :(

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Contact the local wildlife department or WIRES and ask them what to do. I would want someone else to trap them so you are not chancing bringing the disease in to your bird- it is highly contagious. I would also be regularly spraying the areas on your balcony/verandah you know wild birds sit with F10SC.

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Contact the local wildlife department or WIRES and ask them what to do. I would want someone else to trap them so you are not chancing bringing the disease in to your bird- it is highly contagious. I would also be regularly spraying the areas on your balcony/verandah you know wild birds sit with F10SC.
Yeah i’ll do that, thank you.
Ive got some F10SC on the way to spray my balcony down.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Yeah i’ll do that, thank you.
Ive got some F10SC on the way to spray my balcony down.
Also, if you collect branches and browse from your local area be extra vigilant when it comes to picking and cleaning what you use.

The birds really need to be put down unfortunately as all that happens is they die a horrible drawn out death and sadly pass the disease on to many more birds who will then suffer the same fate, sad situation but I like to think when interfering in this type of situation that at least they are helped to die without a long struggle or in pain and at least you help to stop the spread of the disease.

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Also, if you collect branches and browse from your local area be extra vigilant when it comes to picking and cleaning what you use.

The birds really need to be put down unfortunately as all that happens is they die a horrible drawn out death and sadly pass the disease on to many more birds who will then suffer the same fate, sad situation but I like to think when interfering in this type of situation that at least they are helped to die without a long struggle or in pain and at least you help to stop the spread of the disease.
I'm not sure how to properly clean and ID trees for branches, so i usually just buy from stores.

PBFD is such a brutal disease, it's so sad. I might have to catch them myself and walk around the side into the car, as they'd flee by the time wires gets here. I've left food out to try get them to come back. :(