• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Warm and cozy for the holidays

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Pichu has recently become a very cuddly bird. His propensity to cold feet and his fear of Merlin have ended up with him looking for warmth and protection from me... Looks like he just loves it there!

20191221_192240.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Love this pic!! Such a cutie! :cloud9:
So nice to hear he is warming up to you :bliss:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Awe super cute. He really does have such an adorable little face! His beak is looking better too :cloud9:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Yes he is snuggly and cozy... If I move my hand away a little, he'll creep under it again, flap his wings contently and close his eyes in delight, waiting for a finger to resume the head scritches. This is why I don't get anything done these days :D
His beak is just fine Natalie thanks, the flake fell and he rubbed it normal again, really like a piece of nail, I'm glad it wasn't worst than that!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh that's darling. I sure miss having a snuggly bird.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Seems we got a little problem here... It's been 3 evenings now, Pichu who usually was sleeping (on his brush) by 19.00 every evening, is still awake as I write and it is 23.20.. So either he sleeps too much through heavy cuddly sessions during the day, or he doesn't want to sleep without cuddles anymore in the evening. He is calling and calling, only stopping when I come close and slip a finger through the bars of the cage, where he runs to get head scritches... :cautious:
I guess we can say he is addicted now... :wacky:

Last edited:

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
He is the sweetest!! :heart: :heart: back in 2010 I rescued a yellow American parrotlet from an atrocious pet store, he was with us 8 years, then i got a blue baby and he was not right from day one and he passed after 4 months with us. I was looking for a green male but just could not get one close to us, so was waiting for a breeder about 5 hours one way from us, to have a clutch but nothing was happening, so a tenant who had to rehome their lovie, asked if I would take him.

So I still ended up with a greenie, just not the right species. :laugh: Kiwi is so close to what I wanted ( i was debating lovie or p’lett) and I have no regrets, but always look at all the p’letts out there, and on parrotlet forum....one day .....

So I get my fix through pics like yours!! Keep them coming!!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm sorry you lost your small p'lets. Your lovie is beautiful, but I understand watching pictures, even if I'm not looking for another one I keep watching ads about them just to see some more of them. Budgies too because of the nice colors, but p'lets are just too cute :heart: