• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wanting an African grey

Lucas holb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lucas Holbrook
I am willing to buy a fb African Grey I have been searching for months now but all I run into is a bunch of scammers so I figured I would come here and get some help does anyone know where I can get an African gray for under $800 thank you please let me know

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Have you looked at bird rescues? We have multiple Greys at my local rescue. Your not going to get a Grey from a breeder for $800.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
If you are in the United States, that is less than a third of what babies sell for currently. As @sunnysmom said, your only way of getting one for around that price would be to adopt from a rescue. Unfortunately, you still might not be able to find one.

Lucas holb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lucas Holbrook
I
Have you looked at bird rescues? We have multiple Greys at my local rescue. Your not going to get a Grey from a breeder for $800.
don’t think I have any bird rescues around me

Lucas holb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lucas Holbrook
If you are in the United States, that is less than a third of what babies sell for currently. As @sunnysmom said, your only way of getting one for around that price would be to adopt from a rescue. Unfortunately, you still might not be able to find one.
Ok thanks but I don’t think I have a bird rescues around me

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Which state are you in? Some members may know of a nearby one, or one that will adopt to your state.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Rescues are the way to go ..Im actually flying to a rescue next week to pick up my new bird a Double Yellow Headed Amazon .. There are a lot of greys in rescues Im sure you will find one that you fall in love with.. :D

Lucas holb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lucas Holbrook
Rescues are the way to go ..Im actually flying to a rescue next week to pick up my new bird a Double Yellow Headed Amazon .. There are a lot of greys in rescues Im sure you will find one that you fall in love with.. :D
Ok thanks hope I can find a rescue

Lucas holb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lucas Holbrook
Which state are you in? Some members may know of a nearby one, or one that will adopt to your state.
I am located in north Texas near Sherman Texas but I am willing to drive a little

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Check with vet offices, even ones that are not Avian vets. Many owners after buying or adopting a CAG do not want the bird. My Paco was given to me by a cashier at a gas station, she was looking for a home at the time I had to help my Amazon down after being my best bud for 25 years. You never know what can happen when you start asking around. You will be amazed how many people you didn't even know that had a parrot. Try FB as well. No need to buy one, too many neglected and abused parrots out there. Try bulletin boards as well in stores, pet stores anywhere.

Yuki Shiro

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Stefan
Here in Germany you can't even buy an African Gray. So you have a real chance there, I wish the best,
that you get the bird that fits to you.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
I am located in north Texas near Sherman Texas but I am willing to drive a little
Here is a list of bird rescues in Texas.

WikiWaz

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
Ok thank you I will try
Just a tip if you are looking at rescues: it's better to reach out to the parrot rescue than to check their website or Petfinder for adoptables. In my area, the two closest parrot rescues have Grays but do not post then on Petfinder or their websites because of the attention Grays get.

Lucas holb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lucas Holbrook
Just a tip if you are looking at rescues: it's better to reach out to the parrot rescue than to check their website or Petfinder for adoptables. In my area, the two closest parrot rescues have Grays but do not post then on Petfinder or their websites because of the attention Grays get.
Ok thank you